Anyone Take Examkracker Course?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by WonderBoy, Mar 22, 2002.

1. WonderBoy

Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hey Guys,

I am just wondering if anyone here has taken the Examkracker course. I have looked at their books and was impressed. And was thinking about taking the course over summer cause I need the structure of a class. If anyone could provide me with some feedback about the course I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. megkudos

megkudos Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey Imago,

I took ExamKrackers last Spring and was really impressed by it. The teachers are awesome. If you are in the city, you will probably have Jon Orsay himself (he started and owns the company) teach the class. He is amazing. The teachers were one of the best part of the course.

Also like you said the books are really good. They teach you exactly what you need to know, and don't have a bunch of filler. They are easy to understand and to the point. Also the structure of the course with the 2 30 minute mini-MCATs evey day and going over it, as well as fully going over full length exams was very helpful.

Well good luck, hope that helps, feel free to ask me any questions.

4. WonderBoy

Attending Physician
    Hi Megkudos,

Thanks for responding. What kind of score improvement did you see? And how about anyone of your classmates? Jon Orsay said on his site that his students average around 11 on bio, phy, and 10 in verbal. I wish I had only known about EK before I took TPR. TPR goes into too much detail. Anyway thanks for your help.

5. missbonnie

missbonnie floating
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hi Imago-

I am currently taking the Examkrackers course. You can message me for more info, but just call them, chances are, Jon himself will pick up the phone. I started the Kaplan course a few years ago, but never finished it or took the MCAT then. I don't have any positive things to say about their course. Jon is really onto something - his course, books, and other materials are outstanding. They really blow TPR & Kaplan away.

6. megkudos

megkudos Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi.

Yeah missb is right...try and call the 800 number and talk to jon....if he can't convince you, no one can:)

Well as far as my improvement on the MCAT....I started out with around 8s in all the sections and got a 9V, 9V, and a 10V on the real thing. Fortunately I have been accepted to a couple of schools with that score. But honestly I attribute my not great score to being really nervous on the day of the exam plus I am not an amazing test taker. On my last practice exams (including AAMC) I was pulling at least 30s. Most of my classmates did a lot better.

The people I keep contact with in my class have all highly recommended the class to people as well. Everyone was really happy with it.

When it comes down to it (and most prep companies will tell you this), it really matters how much time you put into it and how much you study. But I think this course definately gives you the best preparation possible.

7. WonderBoy

Attending Physician
    Thanks for the response guys. I was going to just buy the books and study myself. But since I live near St. Johns, I was thinking about taking the course. I don't want to have any regrets after all is said and done. Thanks again.