1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone take the Psych GRE last Sat?

Discussion in 'Psychology [Psy.D. / Ph.D.]' started by Psychbird, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Psychbird

Psychbird Member
    5+ Year Member

If so, how did you feel about it? I have mixed feelings, have no idea how I did. :(

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. joetro

joetro Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i thought it was pretty tough.

4. Noah333

Noah333 Member
    5+ Year Member

I took the practice exam released by ETS on Friday and did very well. I am afraid I will not be able to say the same for my performance on Saturday. I finished the practice exam with plenty of time to spare. On Saturday, I finished with only 20 minutes left and I had little time to review all of the guesses I had made throughout the exam.

I REALLY hope that I do not need to consider retaking the exam...

5. Psychbird

Psychbird Member
    5+ Year Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found it tough. I thought it was a lot harder than the ETS exam. Several questions seemed to have more than one possible answer.

6. joetro

joetro Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

There was just a lot of material that I thought was very picky/narrow and that I had never seen before. I was also surprised at only getting 205 questions ... I was definitely expecting 214-220. Weird.

7. DOUBLEDIGITSII

DOUBLEDIGITSII Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

I agree that test was tedious. I did not review a couple of chapters but I studied up until the night before which I'm glad I did. One question was about Freud and id. I did not answer 70 questions so I'm a little worried. Or should I be a lot worried?

8. Psychbird

Psychbird Member
    5+ Year Member

I think leaving out questions was better than taking too many guesses, which is what I did. I'm annoyed with myself now, I've since discovered a lot of mistakes. I changed the last answer from the correct one to an incorrect one.

9. Deslok

Deslok Member
    5+ Year Member

I think it's good to guess if you have any idea at all, because they don't really "penalize" you for it. There are 5 answers, so if you guess completely randomly, you'll get (on average) one point, lose 4 quarter points, and end up the same. I'd like to think guessing is generally better than randomly selecting an answer. I dunno, it worked for me.

10. Noah333

Noah333 Member
    5+ Year Member

I had an article on SIDS sitting on my desk all week as I studied!! I never managed to get around to reading it before the exam. Like so many questions, the obvious answer choice for the SIDS question did not appear on the exam. Hmmm.

I did not leave any questions unanswered, which, in retrospect, may not have been the smartest choice.

Thank God for scaling...