Anyone take the Psych GRE last Sat?

Noah333

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2005
    I took the practice exam released by ETS on Friday and did very well. I am afraid I will not be able to say the same for my performance on Saturday. I finished the practice exam with plenty of time to spare. On Saturday, I finished with only 20 minutes left and I had little time to review all of the guesses I had made throughout the exam.

I REALLY hope that I do not need to consider retaking the exam...

About the Ads

joetro

10+ Year Member
    7+ Year Member
    Sep 29, 2005
      There was just a lot of material that I thought was very picky/narrow and that I had never seen before. I was also surprised at only getting 205 questions ... I was definitely expecting 214-220. Weird.

DOUBLEDIGITSII

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Jan 20, 2005
        I agree that test was tedious. I did not review a couple of chapters but I studied up until the night before which I'm glad I did. One question was about Freud and id. I did not answer 70 questions so I'm a little worried. Or should I be a lot worried?

Psychbird

10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Sep 19, 2005
          I think leaving out questions was better than taking too many guesses, which is what I did. I'm annoyed with myself now, I've since discovered a lot of mistakes. I changed the last answer from the correct one to an incorrect one.

Deslok

10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Feb 25, 2005
            Psychbird said:
            I think leaving out questions was better than taking too many guesses, which is what I did. I'm annoyed with myself now, I've since discovered a lot of mistakes. I changed the last answer from the correct one to an incorrect one.
            I think it's good to guess if you have any idea at all, because they don't really "penalize" you for it. There are 5 answers, so if you guess completely randomly, you'll get (on average) one point, lose 4 quarter points, and end up the same. I'd like to think guessing is generally better than randomly selecting an answer. I dunno, it worked for me.

Noah333

10+ Year Member
            5+ Year Member
            Mar 24, 2005
              I had an article on SIDS sitting on my desk all week as I studied!! I never managed to get around to reading it before the exam. Like so many questions, the obvious answer choice for the SIDS question did not appear on the exam. Hmmm.

I did not leave any questions unanswered, which, in retrospect, may not have been the smartest choice.

Thank God for scaling...

About the Ads
              This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.