Anyone taken Kaplan course and using EK Materials?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axp107

UCLA>> Italian Pryde
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What book did you rely on for a) studying b) practice.

I'm thinking of relying on EK for studying but using the Kaplan course books for practice. Good/Bad idea?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking Kaplan this summer and have already started some studying + practice with EK.

From what I've heard, you want as much practice as possible so I'd use both-thats what I'll be doing

Oh, and in addition I will be using the AAMC practice tests

I plan to use the AAMC tests provided by kaplan (they ARE gonna be providing us with them right?)

I'm taking the MCAT tomorrow and I used both Kaplan and EK. I only used the EK materials for Physics and OChem, since I haven't had those courses in a long time. It worked pretty well for me (haven't scored below a 30 on an AAMC in months), and actually OChem is no regularly my best scoring section in my practice tests! I would suggest reading the Kaplan materials, but I got the most helpful information from supplementing it with reading the EK and working on their 1001 questions.

Lots of people rave about the 101 verbal passages as well. I think supplementing a problem subject area with the EK stuff is the way to go.