Anyone taking a summer course before attending pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amian04

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone is taking a summer course before attending pharmacy school? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I am. I'm taking economics and speech. I'll be done in a week.

I'm taking History II right now and Government II during the second session. I'm taking it at a community college so it's not too stressful, and it gives me something to do because I'm bored!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was also wondering what a person should do if their class is not done by a certain deadline to hand in all prereq's? For example, if the summer session II class is done on aug 16th and all pre-req grades are due to the pharmacy school by August 13th? Thank you.

I have to take genetics :( and intro molecular bio :) . molecular bio is alright genetics is... anyway i think you should give the admissions office a call to let them know your situation. they may work something out with you. however they seem to be stiflers on prereqs and all maybe not the nonscience ones though. but since your classes would be done around the deadline they should make an exception though. good luck!!! i know the feeling.

amian04 said:
I was also wondering what a person should do if their class is not done by a certain deadline to hand in all prereq's? For example, if the summer session II class is done on aug 16th and all pre-req grades are due to the pharmacy school by August 13th? Thank you.

I would check with your school. I know on Midwestern's paperwork they mentioned if transcripts would not be available, that you could submit a letter from the professor verifying that the course is in progress and that you have a C or better in the class. I'm sure you THEN submit the transcript when it is available.

the same thing is happening with me and UT. I have to take a couple of courses in summer school and my classes don't get done until the 13th and school starts the 16th. So I don't know what to do, but the Dean knows what is happening and there are a LOT of people taking the same summer classes I am, that are going to be in my P1 class, so it shouldn't be a problem.

If you are taking a course 1st session(if there are two sessions of summer school offered) i'd suggest getting those grades sent to the pharmacy school as soon as they are posted. Especially if the transcripts are sent for free, like they are here!

Hope this helps

I am taking Biology+lab, Calculus and Psychology this summer. I am sort of like you, I will have all my pre-req completed by the summer. I talked to the schools that I am applying for and they usually give a conditional admitance to students. This is usually based upon previous classes, GPA and available slots in the college.

I'm taking College Physics II in the second summer session before attending pharmacy school in the fall.

amian you are going to temple right? as far as i understand, as long as you are taking the course and will be done before classes start it is fine. I think what you have to do is have your professor write you a letter stating that you are enrolled in his class and your progress so far, and your grade up to that point. I think thats all you need it and when u are done with the class you have to send the final transcript ASAP. you can call the school and find out but i think that's what i am remembering from the packet that i got with acceptance letter. once you get the all the prereq. completed you get anotehr acceptance letter (Final acceptance). aka you can sue us if we withdraw your acceptance from the program.

Yes, I'll be going to Temple. My summer session II class ends August 11th and I'll most likely have my professor write a letter, since all pre-req's are due by the 13th of August. I doubt the official transcripts will be ready by the 13th. Also, August 13th is the day of the orientation.

true that. you will be fine. I will see you at the orientation. maybe we should try to meet hehe.

What grades are you guys expected to maintain to keep your conditional acceptance? ( ;) ) FYI, I'm taking OChem II and OChem Lab (a total of 7 credits over 8 weeks). It is more than a full-time job...studying is all I do. So far, I'm maintaining my required minimum "B" grades, but we'll see what happens as the material gets tougher! :scared:

sweetcalie08 said:
What grades are you guys expected to maintain to keep your conditional acceptance? ( ;) ) FYI, I'm taking OChem II and OChem Lab (a total of 7 credits over 8 weeks). It is more than a full-time job...studying is all I do. So far, I'm maintaining my required minimum "B" grades, but we'll see what happens as the material gets tougher! :scared:

I need a C to fill the requirement. I thought Orgo 2 was easier than 1...good luck.