Anyone Taking the DAT around the same time as me (wed 1/7/09)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IdahoDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is taking the DAT the same day or anywhere close to the same day. I haven't heard of anyone taking it recently.

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering if anyone is taking the DAT the same day or anywhere close to the same day. I haven't heard of anyone taking it recently.

Not me, good luck. Focus, focus, focus. Remember a question can mean the difference of a point on AA.

I am! Friday! =/ I am getting umm a little crazy ! But, Best of luck to you! I hope you have WONDERFUL news to share =)

I think it was you who suggested getting OSL and/or High-Yield Bio, so thx so much for that because they are both working out better than Kaplan BB. Best of luck, please let us know how you did and if you could do a mini breakdown that would be AWESOME!

10 days and counting for me...=(

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck, im going for mid Feb. Guys whats OSL?

there are black out dates beginning feb. 6 - i think - but I know that they're some time in february. you may want to check that out before you actually set your date so you can work around it.

good to know there are others out there. I am a retaker so we will see how it goes this time around looks like a 18 just wont cut it this year. Best of luck of luck to all of you guys. I am just taking the day off tomorrow and chillin till 8 am on Wed. And Yes the High Yield Bio, G-chem, and O-chem are great and inexpensive too.

What is this High yield bio or OSL things every1 is takin' about?

there are black out dates beginning feb. 6 - i think - but I know that they're some time in february. you may want to check that out before you actually set your date so you can work around it.

Do those days mean anything? Like will they change the test after those black out days? They always had those days? :idea:

You will be fine with a month. that is about all the time I had. I just put in 9 hrs a day for those 3.5 weeks.

The High Yield books are some good review books i found. They are a really short read (unlike kaplan). They are ok if you are trying to learn from them but a lot better if you have already been exposed to the material. The Bio i got off of amazon for $50 (i think) and the G-Chem was around $4 and Ochem was around $6. Like I said they are a very dense way to study in not a lot of time. I spent about 3 hrs a day just reading them and it took me about 3 days to get through them the first time check them out. here is a link.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_g...high+yield+chemistry&sprefix=High+Yield+Chemi

You will be fine with a month. that is about all the time I had. I just put in 9 hrs a day for those 3.5 weeks.

The High Yield books are some good review books i found. They are a really short read (unlike kaplan). They are ok if you are trying to learn from them but a lot better if you have already been exposed to the material. The Bio i got off of amazon for $50 (i think) and the G-Chem was around $4 and Ochem was around $6. Like I said they are a very dense way to study in not a lot of time. I spent about 3 hrs a day just reading them and it took me about 3 days to get through them the first time check them out. here is a link.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_g...high+yield+chemistry&sprefix=High+Yield+Chemi
OSL = Organic Chemistry as a Second Language - much better than Kaplan BB for Ochem but only contains about 80% of what you need to know IMO. I recommend reading OSL before supplementing w/ Kaplan BB.

Well guys i am off to make the drive to the town of the nearest testing center where i have hotel so i will let you all know how it goes. it might be a day or two though because tomorrow is also the first day of my last semester and i still need to get books and finalize some classes.