Anyone talked to Arizona?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DiDDyDeNt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone called arizona to check your status if you have other offers?

Members don't see this ad.

I am also curious to know, had an interview there Dec. 13th

So far I was accepted to NYU and their deposit deadline is comming up. It would be nice to now where I stand at Arizona.

Many of you said that they advised you to call after Jan. 3rd, but during my interview I was told email or call in March for status update.

howui3 said:
I am also curious to know, had an interview there Dec. 13th

So far I was accepted to NYU and their deposit deadline is comming up. It would be nice to now where I stand at Arizona.

Many of you said that they advised you to call after Jan. 3rd, but during my interview I was told email or call in March for status update.

They told us to call after 1/3 if we've been accepted elsewhere, otherwise to call in March.

Members don't see this ad :)
DentalNerd said:
They told us to call after 1/3 if we've been accepted elsewhere, otherwise to call in March.

So have you contacted them?

I called on the third and talked to Joyce. I started off explaining the circumstances real quick (that I had another offer and that she mentioned that we were able to call and ask our status). She looked me up and told me that I wasn't in the next batch of acceptances (you can all sigh, another guy out of the way for you) (at least for this wave). Anyways, I've learned a little about their process. They have a yes pile and seem to meet every so often to agree on who they are going to accept. Those people go into the acceptance pile and they send those out accordingly when the time comes. Probably when they get passed the Jan 16th date and they know where they stand in terms of how many to send out at that particular time. Then when that time period comes close to ending, they will meet again and review the yes pile once more to decide whose prayers to answer. (Hopefully mine before it's all said and done). From what I heard, they actually went thru the entire yes pile last year. Also, it seems that they have an 85% acceptance rate as far as who they select for acceptance. Meaning 85% of the people they send acc letters to say yes back. Dang, that was about the most information given about AZ in about 6 or 7 months. I should charge money for this kind of insider news. EXTRA!! EXTRA!!! That's from the TV show thing......never mind....Good luck to you all.

DiDDyDeNt said:
Just wondering if anyone called arizona to check your status if you have other offers?

I actually wrote Joyce an email back in the middle of December because I couldn't contain myself. I had been accepted to Case but really wanted to attend ASDOH. It was then that I found out that I was part of the next group to be accepted at AZ and that they would send out the acceptance letter ASAP! Happy day!!! For all of you still holding out for AZ, I'm hoping that the "yes" group isn't that big!! Best of luck to you all.

Lostinbul said:
I actually wrote Joyce an email back in the middle of December because I couldn't contain myself. I had been accepted to Case but really wanted to attend ASDOH. It was then that I found out that I was part of the next group to be accepted at AZ and that they would send out the acceptance letter ASAP! Happy day!!! For all of you still holding out for AZ, I'm hoping that the "yes" group isn't that big!! Best of luck to you all.

So have you received the official letter yet?

utahdent123 said:
So have you received the official letter yet?

Yep! I received it on the 26th of December!

Just sent her an email asking for update on where I stand in the admissions process. Keep you guys posted when I hear something back.

kew said:
I called on the third and talked to Joyce. I started off explaining the circumstances real quick (that I had another offer and that she mentioned that we were able to call and ask our status). She looked me up and told me that I wasn't in the next batch of acceptances (you can all sigh, another guy out of the way for you) (at least for this wave). Anyways, I've learned a little about their process. They have a yes pile and seem to meet every so often to agree on who they are going to accept. Those people go into the acceptance pile and they send those out accordingly when the time comes. Probably when they get passed the Jan 16th date and they know where they stand in terms of how many to send out at that particular time. Then when that time period comes close to ending, they will meet again and review the yes pile once more to decide whose prayers to answer. (Hopefully mine before it's all said and done). From what I heard, they actually went thru the entire yes pile last year. Also, it seems that they have an 85% acceptance rate as far as who they select for acceptance. Meaning 85% of the people they send acc letters to say yes back. Dang, that was about the most information given about AZ in about 6 or 7 months. I should charge money for this kind of insider news. EXTRA!! EXTRA!!! That's from the TV show thing......never mind....Good luck to you all.

did u get accepted to NYU without interview or with interview?

Without...which came as a big surprise cause I forgot I even applied there. It was nice to get that acceptance cause now I've been allowed to get quicker responses from two others schools now. Loma Linda just threw me to the front of their pile to get reviewed for acceptance now.

Called Arizona today, they told me that though I am not going to be one of the students getting on the acceptance list being mailed I am still strongly considered.

I guess I MIGHT BE good enough, but not at this point. Guess I still have to mail the deposit to NYU, just in case.

howui3 said:
Called Arizona today, they told me that though I am not going to be one of the students getting on the acceptance list being mailed I am still strongly considered.

I guess I MIGHT BE good enough, but not at this point. Guess I still have to mail the deposit to NYU, just in case.

I am in the same boat. Just sent my deposit in to Indiana. Only time will tell.