Anyone tell a school that youve been accepted but want to go to their school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maxim728

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, has anyone been accepted into other schools and used that as a weapon to sway or convince other schools to offer then an interview?
I havee been accpeted into a couple of schools and want to tell MSUCOM that and see if they will give me an interview or reconsider me a little better? I have a friend that did that for UNECOM and they told him "If that school accepts you, then tell us" Do you think word would get out to the other two schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, I don't think that telling MSUCOM about your other acceptances will help you get an interview quicker. They seen pretty selective in their whole interview process, so I don't think it would help you. It might do more harm than good.

However, when I interviewed there, I was pretty open with my interviewers about my other acceptance (LECOM). I also told them why I wanted to go to MSUCOM over the other school. Of course, I won't know until Wednesday if I got in or not, so I don't really know if telling them that helped me or hurt me. Of course, they DID ask where else I applied, so I was just being honest.

If I were you, I would just wait (and check your email often! That's how they ask you for an interivew). I know that they are still planning on interviewing into April, so just hang in there!

Anna

Hey Anthony,
I just called MSUCOM. I got in!!! Just hang in there, I'm sure you'll get an interview soon!
Anna

Members don't see this ad :)
That would be nice if i did. Congratulations on your acceptance!!! talk to you later!

You'll never believe what i received in my email now that we are talking about MSU, an email from MSU about me sending in my Fall semester(2001) transcripts. its kind of funny that I get this email hoping that the ADM. COM met regarding my status and it seems like they did. Hopefully they will grant me an interview! It would be nice to attend the same school that i completed my undergraduate work in.

That's great. Get them in quick and hope for the best! Good luck! Keep me posted!
Anna

Hi , so i sent in my grades and I just received word that a manuscript I submitted has been accepted for publication in the Journal "Cancer Research". This is really great news to have a paper published in possibly one of the best journals for cancer research. I called MSU and told them this and they said the Adm. Com will review that and they added it to my file, Hopefully ill hear from them soon since!

That's great. MSU is on their Spring Break right now, so don't worry if you don't hear anything from them this week! You'll hear something soon!

Guess what Anna, just got word today that I received an invite for an interview at MSU in April!! I was wonderinf if you could give me a little insight into the interview day, etc. Hope things work out. Talk to you soon.

I would only use that approach when you have an interview.
During the interview tell them that you have been excepted to 2 or 3 others schools, but this school is my number one choice.
Of course don't say that unless it is your #1, they will see right through you
I did it at NOVA, but they asked the question "Why would I want to come to NOVA if I already have 3 acceptances"

Well good Luck

AK

Anthony, that is awesome!! Congrats!! I was going to PM you, but you aren't set up to recieve PM's. Change that and I will write you more about the interview (I hardly ever check this thread, so PMing is just easier for me).
Anna

too late now docadam, i mean if your not aggressive then our chance will disappear. It definetely helps to say that you want to attend their school.

hey docadam, how was your interview at MSU (accept my apologies if you did not have one :) ) Ok, thanks for your encouragement.
Anthony

congrats on the interview-- i too was accepted to a few schools before i found the right fit for me (azcom). I really used that to my advantage- mostly because i wasn't nearly as nervous. when asked why i was still interviewing i said that i didn't want to close any doors- i wanted to see/feel as many schools as possible to really know where my talents/abilities could be maxamized. I also said that- although already was accepted to other schools my final decision rested solely on my confidence in the institution that could best provide me with a quality education, and that i am very impressed with what i see so far. Then it turned into them selling the school to me!!! i love that point in the interview!!!! Good luck!