Anyone thinking about applying to the new schools in Maine? (UNE and Husson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shelabo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone thinking about applying to Husson's College of Pharmacy or New England College's School of Pharmacy? They are new schools and still waiting to hear if they're accredited for fall 2009. I'm pumped for more new england schools!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Shelabo,

these schools don't use pharmcas right? didn't see it . and does UNE accept transfer students, the website seems to cater only to UNE students, if they do, do you know how many seats are available for outer state applicants (from both schools).

Last edited:
UNE is accepting those that have completed the pharmacy prerequisites into their professional program starting with an entering fall 2009 class. For the pre-reqs, you can't transfer into UNE. I tried doing that last year and they were only accepting freshman. Husson is the same deal, but Husson's pre-reqs aren't as intense as UNE. They are accepting transfers into their pre-pharmacy program. It's a chemistry degree with a "pre-pharmacy: option. I live in central NH so I think I'm going to apply to these two programs and MCPHS-Boston (as a transfer). I really don't want to go to Boston though... I can handle Portland for UNE's westbrook campus and Bangor I can handle because I love it here, up no'th...

Members don't see this ad :)
I live close to Bangor, so I am definitely applying to Husson. I'll most likely apply to UNE, too. I do know Husson has 65 seats for their first class, and they will be using PharmCas. Although I am by no means certain, my impression is that Husson does not have any set rules for number of in-state and out-of-state students. Anyhow, good luck with your applications!!

I live close to Bangor, so I am definitely applying to Husson. I'll most likely apply to UNE, too. I do know Husson has 65 seats for their first class, and they will be using PharmCas. Although I am by no means certain, my impression is that Husson does not have any set rules for number of in-state and out-of-state students. Anyhow, good luck with your applications!!

Have you received any information from Husson about their Pharmacy School? The only thing I know of is their website. I've emailed them, but no luck their. I was thinking of calling them, but I wasn't sure what to ask... "So whatchya guys doing up there?..." I thought would be a little off, haha. Where around Bangor do you live?

I am currently finishing up my prereqs at Husson, so I've attended a couple of meetings hosted by the Dean; that is where I picked up the few tidbits of information that I do have. Everything is in flux right now, given it is a new program. I'm sure a lot more information will be available this fall. I'd love to attend Husson as it is so close to me.

I'm not sure if you have already tried this, but perhaps you can email the dean directly. His name is Rodney Larson and he is very, very approachable. His email is [email protected]. Audrey Brissette is the contact person in the pharmacy office, and her email is [email protected]. Hopefully one of those email addresses will get you some more detailed information.

Last edited: