1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone took Kaplan class in Garden city, NY? Or..

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by ficha, May 8, 2007.

1. ficha

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Does anyone know if I can find out about Kaplan teachers in certain area?
    I plan to take the course over the summer but I don't know if I should take online or class course...
    (it's really confusing.. I searched and found mixed opinions about whether kaplan is worth 1000$, or if online course is better than class...just want to know who the teacher is..):hello:

2. JMJRDH1

JMJRDH1 Floss User
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Very often, there are several teachers that cover different parts of the material. The DAT classes run lean compared to the MCAT, so getting a dedicated DAT teacher is unlikely. There are only 3 people in my class, and one of them is taking the OAT!! I took my class at the Westchester Kaplan Center.

I had:
    1 teacher for Pat
    1 teacher for sciences
    1 teacher for QR/RC

IMO, the real benefit of the class is the use of the center to study, but the material is exactly the same whether it is online or in class. I liked the class because it forced to to keep up with the work and stay ahead. I just finished my Kaplan class this week, and it is a good base. Now I can really start to study!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    OP
    ficha

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Thank you for the reply!!:)