Anyone top this and still pass step 2 cs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eltoro80

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like everyone, I am worried ****less that I failed step 2 cs. And my school keeps saying that they don't let people graduate if they don't have a passing score, which I'm not sure is BS or not. Anyone, here is a list of ******ed crap I did and wanted to see if anyone has topped this and still passed...

(1) ran out of time with one patient right after the PE, had no time for summary or closure

(2) def. no open-ended q's...i said "what brings you in?", they would say hip pain, then I would go right into onset, duration, etc. by asking them specifically about those things

(3) i wrote a bunch of notes while they were talking, could not remember a thing about their case unless I did..so no eye contact factor unless I was doing the talking

(4) def. put down crap in the patient note that I forgot to ask during history or forgot to do during PE..

(5) only 1 or 2 times did I counsel

(6) appeared nervous (due to my damn school saying they won't graduate us unless we pass)

Members don't see this ad.

Like everyone, I am worried ****less that I failed step 2 cs. And my school keeps saying that they don't let people graduate if they don't have a passing score, which I'm not sure is BS or not. Anyone, here is a list of ******ed crap I did and wanted to see if anyone has topped this and still passed...

(1) ran out of time with one patient right after the PE, had no time for summary or closure

(2) def. no open-ended q's...i said "what brings you in?", they would say hip pain, then I would go right into onset, duration, etc. by asking them specifically about those things

(3) i wrote a bunch of notes while they were talking, could not remember a thing about their case unless I did..so no eye contact factor unless I was doing the talking

(4) def. put down crap in the patient note that I forgot to ask during history or forgot to do during PE..

(6) appeared nervous (due to my damn school saying they won't graduate us unless we pass)

Everything you did seems perfectly normal. You can't do everything right under pressure and having 15 minutes to work with. The key is did you convey that you somewhat knew what was going on with the patient without sounding like a douche or a dumb#$%.

Members don't see this ad :)

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Just took it today and I had a very similar experience. Toward the end I got a bit more comfortable, but with my luck... those will be the cases that don't count. I also did very little counseling. There just isn't time to do all that. In one case, my "empathy" was so obviously phony and sarcastic that one of a younger blond female SP started to uncontrollably smirk. So I couldn't help but smirk too. We then both burst out laughing for a couple seconds, it was hilarious to see her break character. The old SPs however, ate up that empathy like it was soup in the 30's.

A trick I realized after lunch was to write blindly as you look them square in the face nodding to their BS. You just have to occasionally glance down to make sure you're not writing the words diagonally or all over your white coat.

A trick I realized after lunch was to write blindly as you look them square in the face nodding to their BS. You just have to occasionally glance down to make sure you're not writing the words diagonally or all over your white coat.

Man you are hilarious! hahahahahahaha!

I graduated from an allopathic medical school in 2005. My year was the last year that I was told that one could graduate without having passed the CS. I don't know if they were BSing us.

---------------- Listening to: Home Video - We via FoxyTunes

I did almost all the exact same things you listed. Cross fingers for the both of us.

ROFLMAO...that was hilarious :laugh::laugh::laugh:

PS Do update us when your results come out :love:

Good Luck for the meantime.

I just took this thing and I feel like I failed. I didn't counsel 4 patients, didn't ask a lot of important questions for the HPI, wrote the ROS in the physical exam part, forgot to write the vitals for some, couldn't come up with good differentials and test for maybe 5, the list goes on and on... I had a total brain fart moment throughout the whole test. The only thing I know I did right was knock, wash my hands, and drape.