Anyone travelling to NYU from Sayreville, NJ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrOptimist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone travelling to NYUCD from Sayreville (Parlin), NJ? Please let me know. We are thinking of moving there soon and my wife is joining NYUCD class of 2008.

Any help is greatly appreciated. This is kind of urgent for us.

Best Regards

Members don't see this ad.

MrOptimist said:
Anyone travelling to NYUCD from Sayreville (Parlin), NJ? Please let me know. We are thinking of moving there soon and my wife is joining NYUCD class of 2008.

Any help is greatly appreciated. This is kind of urgent for us.

Best Regards

sorry, i wont be doing that.

but i live around the area and can give u advice.
firstly, majority of people that commute from here to NYC do not use car -- takes too much time w/ traffic and too much of a hassle because it can add up to quite some $$ due to tolls, gas, car expenses, etc.

a lot of people take buses or trains. Sayreville is pretty commercial so it has its share of bus stations. AND, right next to sayreville is South Amboy and Perth Amboy, both of which have train stations. Trains from these stations take about 50 minutes to get to penn station in manhattan, NYC.

hope that helps.

Thanks for sharing this information. I am bit worried as the train will get you only till NY Penn Station and that too in one hour. Then it might take another good 30 mins to get to NYU-CD.

So we are looking at a commute of 1 and 1/2 hours every day for my wife, not to mention the added burden of carrying books and laptop while standing on the train.