anyone try sharenotes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coenzyme

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has tried http://sharenotes.com

if you did, could you relate your experiences here? i'm a pre med and i have been out of the game for a long time now.

so is it useful here? Do people use it? Is it frowned upon?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Never heard of it. On the topic of note-sharing services though...be sure to check your school's ethics policy. Our school has a pretty stringent one that frowns upon this sort of thing. I don't feel like it's cheating unless you share old exams that haven't been released or things of that nature. However, if you are going to submit stuff to the site, I'd make sure to remove your real name and any identificatory information before doing so.

Never heard of it. On the topic of note-sharing services though...be sure to check your school's ethics policy. Our school has a pretty stringent one that frowns upon this sort of thing. I don't feel like it's cheating unless you share old exams that haven't been released or things of that nature. However, if you are going to submit stuff to the site, I'd make sure to remove your real name and any identificatory information before doing so.

That's a great idea. Remaining anonymous. I'll be sure to check my ethics policy. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it would be better if you had friends who were in the same class as you who took notes.

I think it would be better if you had friends who were in the same class as you who took notes.

I would rather use the textbooks, which are more comprehensive and reliable.

I would rather use the textbooks, which are more comprehensive and reliable.
True, but over using notes from the internet vs. my friend's notes, I'dchoose the latter. Also, most of the time, professors don't teach in as much detail as the books go into, so studying from notes can take a lot of weight off your shoulders.

Well, that's for sure, but that site has many older exams for the courses which my friends don't have.

I guess it's pretty useful to use. But the incentive of an iPod touch for uploading is pretty tempting though

I've heard of it but never used it...I guess I will give it a try..

They don't have many colleges anyways, I rather use the book then get notes from the internet.

I joined. I don't know if I'd use it though.

Dude this site rocks!

Last edited:
i got a itouch from there too back when it was 20000 pts. but now it was changed to 30000 and soon after 50000. i stopped going on it cause its too inconsistent. i can imagine it going up to like 80000 before i reach 50000 for next ipod touch.

yes, but that was before. now its 2.5 times harder to get an itouch. and i feel the customer service isn't as good as before too. i kinda gave up after my first itouch. dont feel like scanning 500 pages and renaming then and then filling out 500 forms just for a itouch lol...

lol yeah they've given away loads of ipod touches, nanos, and gift cards (check out their blog). it's not as easy to win as it was back when the site first launched..but can you blame them? apple products don't grow on trees :). i've posted some free notes on there for dermatology and pharmacology. i wanna know how to win the mac book air! "Details coming soon."

Speaking of coming soon, WHERE IS MY STEP 2 CK SCORE :D.