• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Anyone turning down Pitt?

About the Ads

joker

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2003
Originally posted by TheRussian
What other schools are you considering?

northwestern and upenn. ill be headed to penn next year. honestly, i thought the city of pittsburgh was the worst city...ever. just my opinion....but i'd be miserable being there for 4 years. good luck gettin in off the waitlist, i think they take a LOT of people off it.

bobbo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by joker
northwestern and upenn. ill be headed to penn next year. honestly, i thought the city of pittsburgh was the worst city...ever. just my opinion....but i'd be miserable being there for 4 years. good luck gettin in off the waitlist, i think they take a LOT of people off it.

You've obviously never been to Detroit...

Mr. Rosewater

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2003
erf
Originally posted by joker

penn's a pimped out school, no question, but philly ain't exactly shangri-la either.

mlw03

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
Canada
  1. Attending Physician
SDN is but a VERY small sampling of pre-meds and med students. for example, i know for a fact that UF has accepted well over 120 people, but how many of them have shown that here? maybe 5-10? i think there is more representation among applicants to private and/or prestigious schools than to state schools, but i think you can see my point.

Originally posted by TheRussian
Two people, I guess my chances are pretty slim.

TheRussian

Life Size Mirror
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2004
Boston, MA
Originally posted by mlw03
SDN is but a VERY small sampling of pre-meds and med students. for example, i know for a fact that UF has accepted well over 120 people, but how many of them have shown that here? maybe 5-10? i think there is more representation among applicants to private and/or prestigious schools than to state schools, but i think you can see my point.

I realize that not all applicants participate in SDN, hell I wouldn't be hear if I didn't hear about it from a friend about a week ago. This is more of a poll, like TV ratings. I don't expect there to be a 100 people responding but if I get a good number of people, it will be more encouraging and give me more hope for the summer

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.