TheRussian

Life Size Mirror
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2004
Boston, MA
Visit site
Status
How many people think they are going to turn down their Pitt offers. Just trying to see what my chances of getting of the waitlist are.

edik

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
Originally posted by TheRussian
What other schools are you considering?
I am also accepted at Tufts and BU. I like Pitt a lot more than both of them, but my family situation dictates otherwise.

coldchemist

Biowulf
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2003
UAB
hrem.nci.nih.gov
Status
MD/PhD Student
Two people, I guess my chances are pretty slim.
Pitt seems to have a history of significant waitlist movement. Don't get discouraged just because not many people have replied to your post...your chances are still pretty darn good.

TheRussian

Life Size Mirror
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2004
Boston, MA
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by edik
I am also accepted at Tufts and BU. I like Pitt a lot more than both of them, but my family situation dictates otherwise.
I loved Tufts when I was there, still haven't heard back though. Whatever you pick, you won't go wrong. Congrats on your good fortune

joker

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2003
Visit site
Status
What other schools are you considering?
northwestern and upenn. ill be headed to penn next year. honestly, i thought the city of pittsburgh was the worst city...ever. just my opinion....but i'd be miserable being there for 4 years. good luck gettin in off the waitlist, i think they take a LOT of people off it.

duka

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2003
Visit site
Status
I'm debating between pitt, Chicago-pritzker, and CCLCM. I'm not sure where I'll end up, but CCLCM requires a decision by april 15.

bobbo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by joker
northwestern and upenn. ill be headed to penn next year. honestly, i thought the city of pittsburgh was the worst city...ever. just my opinion....but i'd be miserable being there for 4 years. good luck gettin in off the waitlist, i think they take a LOT of people off it.
You've obviously never been to Detroit...

Mr. Rosewater

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2003
erf
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by joker
penn's a pimped out school, no question, but philly ain't exactly shangri-la either.

mlw03

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
SDN is but a VERY small sampling of pre-meds and med students. for example, i know for a fact that UF has accepted well over 120 people, but how many of them have shown that here? maybe 5-10? i think there is more representation among applicants to private and/or prestigious schools than to state schools, but i think you can see my point.

Two people, I guess my chances are pretty slim.

TheRussian

Life Size Mirror
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2004
Boston, MA
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by mlw03
SDN is but a VERY small sampling of pre-meds and med students. for example, i know for a fact that UF has accepted well over 120 people, but how many of them have shown that here? maybe 5-10? i think there is more representation among applicants to private and/or prestigious schools than to state schools, but i think you can see my point.
I realize that not all applicants participate in SDN, hell I wouldn't be hear if I didn't hear about it from a friend about a week ago. This is more of a poll, like TV ratings. I don't expect there to be a 100 people responding but if I get a good number of people, it will be more encouraging and give me more hope for the summer