• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Anyone unhappy at MGH, BWH, BIDMC?

I

ihealthbuzz

I am looking to do an intern year (prelim) at MGH, BWH or BIDMC.

Do you know anyone who is unhappy at these programs and perhaps why? I can also go for transitional/so called 'cush' prelims. I am considering learning medicine well and so I am trying to get some advice. What may be the benefit, in your opinion, of doing an intern year at these programs? Thanks!!!

irlandesa

7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Feb 17, 2003
      all of the prelims I know from BWH seem very happy (as do the categorical residents), but it is by no means a cush prelim year. Also, most of the prelims seem to come from Harvard Med, so you might have a better shot elsewhere if you're not graduating from HMS.

I

ihealthbuzz

irlandesa said:
        all of the prelims I know from BWH seem very happy (as do the categorical residents), but it is by no means a cush prelim year. Also, most of the prelims seem to come from Harvard Med, so you might have a better shot elsewhere if you're not graduating from HMS.

Thanks, that's the impression I got too. BWH seemed to have the happiest. BIDMC also too. MGH seems to be the big question mark...

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.