Anyone use TopScore Pro

Vision34

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just took a practice exam from TopScore Pro. I was wondering if they calculate their standard scores differently than the real OAT. For example, I got 85% correct on the reading comprehension section, but it gave me a score of 310 (on other sections I received a lower percentage, but a higher standard score). Is this right?

Members don't see this ad.

I also used topscore pro for my OAT preparation. There's a 30-40 points in margin of error based on my experience. I score consistently around 330 in the software. My actual scores were mostly 30+ pts higher.

Why are you taking the test again?

Hey luckyfool- thanks for the reply! This will be my first time taking the OAT. I have a provisional acceptance to SUNY (I applied early decision), so I have up until February 28th to take the test. All of my practice scores are good except for physics, which I HOPE will go up on test day!

Also, if you don't mind, could you tell me if the TopScore physics questions were similar to the ones on test day? I am COMPLETELY freaking out about it

Hey luckyfool- thanks for the reply! This will be my first time taking the OAT. I have a provisional acceptance to SUNY (I applied early decision), so I have up until February 28th to take the test. All of my practice scores are good except for physics, which I HOPE will go up on test day!

Also, if you don't mind, could you tell me if the TopScore physics questions were similar to the ones on test day? I am COMPLETELY freaking out about it

I would think questions were very similar to the real OAT. I did pretty well on the physics section-370. Some questions on the real OAT were identical to the ones on topscore pro. Get around 330 or so on the software - then you'd do well pretty well on the actual exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
i used topscore as well and freaked out about my physics score. i was always scoring around 280-310. on the actual oat i got a 360. i felt the actual oat had more concepts and less math and deriving of eqns as opposed to topscore. the reading i found to be easier on topscore than the actual. perhaps it was just the reading material. it doesnt hurt to be over prepared though.

I took the TopScore too--i did 3 tests on there and it's true that they seem to lower your score a bit. I scored 250 on Reading Comp and know that is not right for I got a lot more right that what is reflective of a 250. :p I think Kaplan is a bit more accurate in the scaling, right?