Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.

Anyone used EK 1001 questions books for prep?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by MedQuest, Oct 20, 2002.

1. MedQuest

MedQuest Da Truth

I am preparing for the april mcat because i did not do to well on the august mcat. Currently i am studying with kaplan books, AO, and am planning to purchase NOVA'S The MCAT physics book. I was wondering if anybody would also recommend EK's 1001 questions book series. I really want to do well on these next mcat. ITS WAR! Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Bevo

Bevo Radiology, R1

Resident [Any Field]
    I used the 1001 books from EK. I found it somewhat lacking. It prepare me well for the discrete questions, but I didn't find it helping me at all on the passage based questions.

It'll help understand the basic principles, but you'll need just as much passage based problems to prepare.

btw : I prepared soley this summer off of the EK books for the August MCAT and Im retaking it this April. I think EK does a good job of simplifying some concepts, especially in organic chem and physics. But just wish the 1001 question books actually had a mix of passage based problems and discrete problems.