Anyone using EK 1001?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nightowl

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm needing a really in-depth review of physical sciences, so I'm working through these books for chem and physics. I'm wondering if my pace is where it should be- I'd say I'm doing 50-75 Q's a day in conjunction with the books. Anyone know if this is a really helpful study strategy? Success stories?

Members don't see this ad.

Heyyy nightowl, I'm kinda in the same boat as you but have decided on a strategy.

I wanted to get through the OChem, GChem, and Phsyics 1001 books in about 21 days so I had decided to do 150 questions or so each day....but I found that impossible and counter-productive. So now I took my range of 150 questions that I have allocated and simply do every third problem. I think these basic problems are good to stimulate and slightly reinforce material --> and then after that just move onto practice tests.

So yeah...set a range like 150 questions....and do every third question(that's what they say in the EK Home Study Schedule) and you'll have only 50 to do but you'll cover a good span of topic. Their difficulty spread w/ each subject is enough that you'll get at least 1 easy, medium, hard question even if you're going by threes

weeeeeeee

Thanks much. Would you recommend ochem 1001? Have you heard anything about bio? Well good luck and cheers! ;)

I highly recommend the 1001 Ochem. I'm using that and it really helps nail down the concepts. I did every single problem over xmas break and made a list of questions I got wrong or was unsure of so that I can go back to them.

use their website for any questions you are not sure of since there some errors throught the whole EK series.

I'm doing even numbered problems for the physics and general chem and then I will redo the ones I got wrong. I'm making a list of questions I get wrong twice to go back over at some point.

I'm not 100% sure how I will tackle the Bio. Maybe do 1 passage/day on the chapter I'm studying.

At one point I thought I would not have enough material!! :eek: