anyone waiting to hear from pcom?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chos

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi:

just wondering if anyone has heard from pcom lately. i was in their last round of interviews and they said we would hear in late may. getting anxious....

Members don't see this ad.

chos said:
hi:

just wondering if anyone has heard from pcom lately. i was in their last round of interviews and they said we would hear in late may. getting anxious....

Considering its april, I'd say your still good. It probablyw orks out better to hear in late may because on may 15th they know their actual class size and could accept you and not place you on the waitlist.

JonnyG said:
Considering its april, I'd say your still good. It probablyw orks out better to hear in late may because on may 15th they know their actual class size and could accept you and not place you on the waitlist.

oops. typo. i meant late APRIL.

Members don't see this ad :)
It'll prob be for the waitlist but keep your head up. If accepted to a school in tennesee I am most likely pulling out. I am right now in the "acceptance range."

I'm still waiting to hear from them post-secondary :laugh: :laugh:

Ah well- looks like they lost my application.

I'm most likely reapplying for this cycle.

same here dr trek, just waiting and waiting and waiting...
maybe ill jus go to the carib, i cant wait another year

Dr Trek 1 said:
I'm still waiting to hear from them post-secondary :laugh: :laugh:

Ah well- looks like they lost my application.

I'm most likely reapplying for this cycle.

Yea, i am waiting post secondary also. I'm not too worried about it because I was accepted at two other schools. but it would have been nice to hear something, maybe an interview. oh well. their loss. :laugh:

Chos-
Im in the same boat. I interviewed March 27. They were supposed to have met last week, and we should have gotten letters this week. I have been checking the mailbox like a maniac. Im pretty sure that we will be waitlisting though. Which day did you interview?

Lol....I never heard from them post-secondary either....I want my money back!

AmyO said:

We should start a petition. I at least deserve a rejection letter :laugh:

notnarcsDO said:
Chos-
Im in the same boat. I interviewed March 27. They were supposed to have met last week, and we should have gotten letters this week. I have been checking the mailbox like a maniac. Im pretty sure that we will be waitlisting though. Which day did you interview?

i got my letter today. wait list. i am not surprised, but disappointed. i interviewed on the 30th of march. good luck to everyone else!

chos said:
i got my letter today. wait list. i am not surprised, but disappointed. i interviewed on the 30th of march. good luck to everyone else!

Does anyone know how many people they have on the wait list now? Seems like there are alot.. which makes me think my chances are super slim of getting in. I just got waitlisted and interviewed March 18th.

I know someone who withdrew. PLus, the group fo 2010 DO students on the nucleus is not accurate. It has a good friend of mine as part of the class, but he is going to a MD school.

Members don't see this ad :)
USArmyDoc said:
I know someone who withdrew. PLus, the group fo 2010 DO students on the nucleus is not accurate. It has a good friend of mine as part of the class, but he is going to a MD school.

I was wondering that...do you think that they add the students when they pay the 250 and then not remove them after they pull out. I have been kinda hoping that they just didnt take the time to remove some of the names yet.

notnarcsDO said:
I was wondering that...do you think that they add the students when they pay the 250 and then not remove them after they pull out. I have been kinda hoping that they just didnt take the time to remove some of the names yet.

It seems to be the case, but I am not absolutely positive.

Dr Trek 1 said:
We should start a petition. I at least deserve a rejection letter :laugh:

I'm with you Dr. Trek. You would think that the $50 they used to "look at my application" would buy a piece of paper, stamp, and an envelope :laugh:

I was at the brunch today for incoming PCOM students and they told us they received the largest amount of applications of any other DO school. The ratio was something like 17 to 1 for a seat. So, a lot of you guys probably just got lost in the shuffle of all those apps. Remember, a lot of this has to do with luck.

USArmyDoc said:
A lot of you guys probably just got lost in the shuffle of all those apps.

Maybe, but my $50 check for part II plus whatever part I cost me should = proper handling of my application and the courtesy to tell me that I was rejected....but who knows, maybe the rejection will still come!

USArmyDoc said:
So, a lot of you guys probably just got lost in the shuffle of all those apps. Remember, a lot of this has to do with luck.

Yea, I can't imagine my application getting lost in the shuffle, but the check just happened to appear in their bank. I guess it was luck on their part that the check grew legs and walked right into the bank and told the teller that it wanted to be deposited.

kumark13 said:
Yea, I can't imagine my application getting lost in the shuffle, but the check just happened to appear in their bank. I guess it was luck on their part that the check grew legs and walked right into the bank and told the teller that it wanted to be deposited.

What I meant was that maybe with all the applications your just wasn't pick to interview because you just didn't get a good day to be looked at or something. Who knows with the process.

AmyO said:

I am also waiting for my rejection letter from them as well from 3 YEARS ;) :p :D :rolleyes: :laugh: AGO....

They are the only school that i never heard anything back from.

I was complete with them back in October of last year...7 months later, and I'm only $50 dollars poorer with no word

I think this probably happens every year from INSERT MEDICAL SCHOOL NAME HERE: I applied to 8 schools: 4 interviews, 3 acceptances, 1 waitlist, 1 rejection, and NOTHING from 3 others which were: NSUCOM, UMDNJCOM, NYCOM. I wouldn't hold this against the medical school that never writes back. The whole application process is like fishing... it just depends on how good the bait is. A waste of money? Yes and no.

A) you know where NOT to apply to next time around (unless your application is substantially better)

B) that school is most likely not for you

C) you could have done 25 loads of laundry

D) bought 3 cases of beer

E) 2 party balls

F) a quarter barrel

G) the whole salvation army store

Why is this thread still even open, we get it your pissed at pcom for not sending you a rejection letter. It seems every pcom thread eventually turns into this. Most people have no problem with the admissions office at PCOM, I thought they were fast and a lot nicer than the other schools I got into.

JonnyG said:
Why is this thread still even open, we get it your pissed at pcom for not sending you a rejection letter. It seems every pcom thread eventually turns into this. Most people have no problem with the admissions office at PCOM, I thought they were fast and a lot nicer than the other schools I got into.

Agreed! Kill this freaking thread!

JonnyG said:
Most people have no problem with the admissions office at PCOM, I thought they were fast and a lot nicer than the other schools I got into.

Agreed, but not only is SDN a place to ask questions about what options are out there, its also a place to talk about and vent frustrations. We're upset about how we're being treating and we're allowed to talk about. Sorry if you don't agree.

JasonUD said:
Agreed, but not only is SDN a place to ask questions about what options are out there, its also a place to talk about and vent frustrations. We're upset about how we're being treating and we're allowed to talk about. Sorry if you don't agree.

Amen to that :thumbup:

JasonUD said:

True

JonnyG said:

I haven't seen any PCOM threads discuss this topic, but I haven't been on here that long. Anyways, if there are several people saying that they have not received one thing from PCOM, it may indicate a problem with their system of looking at applications. I am sure that this sort of thing happens to somebody at every school, but if it happens to more than a few isolated people, it is not an isolated mistake. Granted they still have time to send people something, but this thread helped me realize that I am not the only one who has felt my application had been ignored. If they were one of my top choices, I probably would have kept on top of them more. My big beef is people calling for this thread to be closed just because they do not feel the same way. This dicussion is much more civil than any of the LECOM threads I have seen (thank goodness). Furthermore, noone is bashing PCOM or making personal attacks, people are simply relating their experiences with the school during the application process. If you don't agree, say your peace and then move on. Just because you have not had that experience with PCOM does not nullify others' experiences.

AmyO said:
I haven't seen any PCOM threads discuss this topic, but I haven't been on here that long. Anyways, if there are several people saying that they have not received one thing from PCOM, it may indicate a problem with their system of looking at applications. I am sure that this sort of thing happens to somebody at every school, but if it happens to more than a few isolated people, it is not an isolated mistake. Granted they still have time to send people something, but this thread helped me realize that I am not the only one who has felt my application had been ignored. If they were one of my top choices, I probably would have kept on top of them more. My big beef is people calling for this thread to be closed just because they do not feel the same way. This dicussion is much more civil than any of the LECOM threads I have seen (thank goodness). Furthermore, noone is bashing PCOM or making personal attacks, people are simply relating their experiences with the school during the application process. If you don't agree, say your peace and then move on. Just because you have not had that experience with PCOM does not nullify others' experiences.

My point was that almost every pcom thread turns into one where multiple people say they never recieved any word from pcom after months and months. Even if the original topic was completely different. This thread was about if anyone heard anything from the march interviews. Not has anyone never heard anything from pcom. They also usually take shots at bashing pcom. There are multiple threads where this has occured. I do agree it is never as bad as the ones bashing LECOM.

Also there is generally no discussion involved, it is just I got screwed. Theres my peace and now I am moving on.

I just called PCOM and said I haven't heard anything in a few months and I want to check on the status of my application. I was told that all interviews are over and the final letters should be going out in a week. I asked if I haven't heard anything yet does that mean its a rejection and she said yes. I guess that letter is never coming!

JasonUD said:
I just called PCOM and said I haven't heard anything in a few months and I want to check on the status of my application. I was told that all interviews are over and the final letters should be going out in a week. I asked if I haven't heard anything yet does that mean its a rejection and she said yes. I guess that letter is never coming!

i received a letter from PCOM today and it stated that "your application has not been granted acceptance" anybody know what that means and has anybody else received this letter?

ppormansdoormd said:
i received a letter from PCOM today and it stated that "your application has not been granted acceptance" anybody know what that means and has anybody else received this letter?

If you havn't interviewed yet, you have been rejected. If you have interviewed, it still sounds like a rejection. Was that a serious question? :confused:

yup I just got that too...its a rejection

JasonUD said:
yup I just got that too...its a rejection
i havent heard from pcom....but then again, i'm not waiting on them either....:D