Anyone want to share a hotel in NYC??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to do Priceline for a hotel in NYC...upper west side...and I am looking for someone else to share the expenses with me.
I will most likely be getting it for: October 29th to Nov. 1st.

Any takers? :)
You can stay just one night if you want too. It doesn't have to be for every night.
Let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, I'm surprised nobody jumped on this yet - considering your popularity with the ladies here. :p

I would, but I'm married and not going to NYC. :)

Hope you can get a serious answer. Sorry, but I couldn't resist.

WOuld if I could, but can't so I won't. I'm in NY on the 15th...can't you move your interview or something? Well, try Motel 6 or something shady, isn't it for 40/night or something?

Members don't see this ad :)
ehem for the ladies

(I think scooby said, share a room, not the bed ;)

haha :rolleyes: :p :D :p :D :p :D

Hey Grace..why don't you move your interview to same as mine :)
That way we can both take JetBlue or whatever that plane is to NYC. :)

If you call up Cornel and Columbia and get me those interviews, I would be more than happy to pay for the entire hotel and you can just crash with me. I figure you got me the 25$ rebate, I could repay the favor by paying for the NY hotel rooms.

PS, I would start at 40$ a night. I've gotten 200$ rooms that last 2 times I started at that amount.

Hey Scooby
I lived in NY this summer and hotels there are NOT $40/a night. The cheapest you get in Manhattan is $140/a night. If you don't mind a subway ride on the morning of your interview, you might want to stay in Brooklyn (I found one for 60/night). They also have hostels for "youth", YMCA and homeless shelters, if you are totally broke... :p :D :D :D :D

The YMCA's are really not that bad. However, I think they are still in the $75 range. With all the incentives that are supposed to be out there for NYC travel, though, you should be able to find a good deal on a hotel. Don't forget to check out 11thhourvacations.com

I'm talking about using Priceline.com. You can get 200$ a night hotels for 40$. Scoob knows the quality that you can get in priceline. Right now NY hotels are only at ~50% capacity (gotten from LA times 4 days ago). Looking at Priceline prices I think he could get a great hotel for about 40-60$. Esp with the occupancies the way they are now.

NO ONE???????????

OH COME ON!!!!!!!!

DOESN'T ANYONE WANT TO MEET SCOOBY???? :( :( :( :( :(

Jalbrekt: I tried it up to $60 and still no takers on the upper west side. I can stay at a place columbia recommends for $85...and it's fully refundable up till 24 hours :)
That's good! So if I can't find anyone on here...FINE! I will be forced to walk through NYC alone..and if I get mugged..i am holding every single one of you 9,000 SDN members responsible! YEA! So there!
:) :)

dude, why dont you just arrange to stay with a student. or call up an old buddy at columbia/nyu and crash with him.

I know it woud suck to have to do this for an interview, but you could check into Youth hostels, I am sure they must be pretty cheap, also check with the school and see if they have any suggestions on anything more affordible than the normal New york motel room. You could also try a hotel in Jersey and take the train...might be a little bit cheaper.

Scooby,

If you're willing to stay in midtown Manhattan, there's a great cheap hotel. My friend and I stayed there last January for a week. I know you mentioned upper west side, but there's a train station just one block away from the "Habitat Hotel." I don't know how you feel about that, but I think the hotel has a website. My friend and I felt safe, and the neighborhood is nice (mix of residential and shopping district). Let me know if you decide to further look into this hotel...

:)

Guys, Check out the herald Sq Hotel (which is around 34st in Manhattan) http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/7175634
The rooms are going for 60-225, so you can do a lot worse with other hotels in Manhattan. Also check out the other bargain hotels that the site reviewed.