1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

anyone wants to re-apply??

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by gogobruin, Dec 11, 2008.

1. gogobruin

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

#1 gogobruin, Dec 11, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  2. cherr1pop

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    i heard it's still very early in the game for ucla though so don't lose hope. i didn't know ucla already started announcing waitlist.. i thought they weren't done sending out acceptances!??!
    but best of luck to you for this cycle and the next if you decide to reapply. if you do decide it would be a good idea to start improving your application like doing more shadowing, retaking DAT if you want to, etc. GL:luck:

3. socloseithurts

10+ Year Member

:( yea, im thinking about re-applying also: i'm already on hold at case. marquette is still reviewing my app. waitlisted at UF and won't hear back from nova till jan 15. and no other interviews. im thinking i have no shot this year.

4. Dentgirl09

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I'm getting worried too..

1 interview at BU in late Feb

and 5 rejections....

Good thing I applied at 24 schools?

5. dennisDDS

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Aint over till the fat lady sings..

6. Dentgirl09

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    :help:

7. ddsbruin

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    i've gotten rejected from ucsf and upenn so far, but fortunate enough to get accepted to nyu. chances aren't looking too well for me at this point in the cycle, but im sure i'll have an expensive yet fun time at nyu. on a hopeful note, it isn't completely over yet! once uop and ucla reject me, then im sure it's over haha. i'm just happy i got in at least one place with my stats. to have to go through the whole process again AND have to improve my application somehow...i don't know if i'll take that sacrifice just to have a better chance/not necessarily acceptance to my top choice over another school. getting into any dschool at this point is good enough for me!

8. NyCzPeter

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Why you going into defeated mode already? Its a waitlist. So wait.

Never give up

9. somethinpositiv

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Never surrender

10. wannagetin09

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    gogobruin, Did you have an interview and then got waitlisted?
    At some schools, maybe all, they have rounds of acceptances. Most the time after the first round they don't except that many. so if you got didnt get in your app is still in the pool. They meet again and have another group of acceptances and then again. You are in the running until the end, unless UCLA is first or nothin. Probably better because more times than not it is going to be the stellar applicants that get their apps/interviews/acceptances early because being a smart group of peope they never wait till the last minute. Pretty good possiblility that the 2nd and 3rd rounds wont have the strength of the first one and you may match up much better against them

11. ddsbruin

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    a friend of mine here who's currently a d1 had her interview 1st week of nov, then was on wl all the way till june...then she got in. idk how ucla works, but im sure you'll be fine. have hope!