Anyone who has scheduled a Northwestern interview on-line, please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poindexter

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, so my first page has changed so there is a button marked "CLICK HERE: You may schedule an interview."

So I click it and get to a page labeled 'Interview Information and Scheduling." I click "Next' and get to a page talking about how once I confirm an interview I won't have access to the scheduling tool anymore but will still be able to access the information page.

SO...how do I schedule an interview? Am I missing a link? What's going on? Did they really offer me an interview? Is this explained in the snail mail invite I haven't gotten yet? Am I a *****?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Poindexter!

Yes, you are missing a link. This happened to me when I got my NW invite too. Go to the page about how once you schedule the interview you wont have access again. The link to the scheduler is just below this message, on the white part of the screen. Don't see it? I didn't either! move your curser around the white part of the screen, and watch for the little arrow to turn into the little hand. When it does, click! You'll be taken to the scheduler. OR, use Internet Explorer 5.0, and the link should show up. For some reason, NW's site doesn't seem to work perfectly on all browsers!

Anyhoo, good luck on the interview! I noticed you were also accepted to Iowa recently. Now we have TWO accepts in common! Unless you end up at Mayo (they rejected me), we might just be classmates next year, huh?

Hi Racergirl!

Thanks for your help. I was able to find the invisible link and successfully schedule my interview. The weird thing is that I am using Internet Explorer 5.0--but maybe NW doesn't like Macs.

So is Iowa still in the running for you? What about NW? Both of them are still options for me--I want to see Northwestern before I make any decisions about it. What did you think?

Mayo is my dream school. As cool as it would be to be classmates with you, if I got in there, I would have to go. :)

Well, I just got the Aid packet from Iowa today. Even though the U of MN is REALLY expensive for a state school, it's still a lot less expensive than Iowa would be. Plus, it looks like the U of MN will offer us more aid. When they offer you 1500 just for signing on, it gives a girl hope ya know? Further, I'm not in contact with either of my parents, so getting the parental info that Iowa REQUIRES would be a bit sticky, and the U of MN simply doesn't require parental stuff. So so far, it looks like Minnesota for me.

Now about NW. I don't know what to tell you. The location and hospital is great and the students seem cool, but I don't know. I just got a really wierd vibe! I asked a question about their PBL curriculum and got a really snooty response, for example. If NW accepts me I'll think about it again, but today, the cost of NW coupled with my negative gut reaction makes me think I won't be moving to Chicago just yet...

Anyway, I'm glad I was able to help with the interview link. I'm also on a Mac, so maybe that's the problem. Oh and if you get accepted by Mayo, Believe me, I'll forgive you for attending !!!