Quantcast

Anyone who interviewed at Drew in March or April - Any News?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fizz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hey Nefertari - I just want you to know that you are totally not alone! I am at the same point, where I just want to know, so I can make decisions! I emailed Wanda Hall after like six weeks and just got the response that a decision would be mailed to me. I emailed for a second time last Saturday and never heard a response back. I know they are really busy and when I get any sort of response, I will post on the thread. I was wondering about how many people have been accepted! It seemed early on there were a few people, but for the last few months, no one has posted an acceptance! At least we are all in this same boat together and this thread is here. It is comforting to see other people feeling the way that I do!

Nefertari

Undercover Premed
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys for being so sweet. Yeah, it's consoling to have a dozen or so of us here waiting together on Drew. One good thing is that Drew's orientation starts around mid-July, so we'll all know definitely by then.

One of my friends had a baby last week. I'm so happy for her, but couldn't help comparing this application process to carrying a baby (except for some of us, it's been longer than 9 months!).

Also, I was thinking about how sometimes we have to do certain things that are such a grind, and that may not even matter in the long run (i.e. I just finished statistics b/c UCLA required it--the 2nd half of it was SO dry!) But still, we have to do them, and things somehow work out. Well, tonight I'm too sleep-deprived and exhausted to be anxious.

**lola and UCSBPre-Med, I hope Davis will work out for you. Tell them that they don't have to maintain the reputation of being the last UC to get off their ass! :D

Fizz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hee. Hee. Nefertari - This waiting process is TOTALLY like carrying a big baby who doesn't want to come out!!! That cracks me up!

:clap:

It isn't toooooooo long until mid-July!

uclamendoza

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:) That was a great analogy Nefertari!!!! It made me laugh and for a moment, made me forget about this whole waiting situation. It is nice to know that there are others waiting to hear back from Drew. It can be very hard at times and I know how that feels. Hopefully all this waiting will result in an acceptance for us all and we can be classmates in the fall. Keep posting everyone and stay positive!!! :laugh:

Fizz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

You won't believe it! I met a girl at my school that I did not know before and she said she just turned down an acceptance to Drew!!! Yippeee!!! So, there are spots opening up. That is so cool. She has been holding her response since February.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

litgirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Woohoo! That's great, more spots for us! :clap:

Fizz: that friend I told you about, well he withdrew from drew before he heard anything. He got into his dream school. Now if only we could get into ours.

UCSB guy: hope you get into UCSF and Davis so you can open up a spot at Drew. thanks for supporting us.

Nefetari: love that analogy, i just wanna give birth already!

Garnetgirl: congrats again honey. I thought this was you. I want that drink.
;)

Uclamendoza: thanks for all the support.

O.K. get out there and have a wonderful memorial day weekend gang. may we hear good news soon.

uclamendoza

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:hardy: :hardy: thanks for the love litgirl. i really appreciate it and will keep giving the support until we get into drew!!! i was talking to a friend today who is also waiting to hear back from drew. she said that she called the admissions office this week and found out that the class if still not full as of today. in terms of acceptances, they would be given out on a continuing basis. that is all the information she got out of the admissions office, so i wanted to pass on this information to all of you guys. enjoy the weekend/holiday and have fun and relax. good luck everyone and talk with you guys soon.

:laugh:

garnetgirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have a great memorial day weekend everybody!!! I have a good feeling that something good is coming in the mail for all of us after we spend a long relaxing weekend with our feet up;) It really is comforting knowing that there are others that fee the same way I do- keep the faith!
Litgirl- I knew it was you!!!!! Thanks- we'll get that drink soon, we deserve it!!!:D

UCSBMed1

SoCal Hater
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by litgirl
Woohoo! That's great, more spots for us! :clap:

Fizz: that friend I told you about, well he withdrew from drew before he heard anything. He got into his dream school. Now if only we could get into ours.

UCSB guy: hope you get into UCSF and Davis so you can open up a spot at Drew. thanks for supporting us.

Nefetari: love that analogy, i just wanna give birth already!

Garnetgirl: congrats again honey. I thought this was you. I want that drink.
;)

Uclamendoza: thanks for all the support.

O.K. get out there and have a wonderful memorial day weekend gang. may we hear good news soon.

LOL! So do I! If I get in, I will be withdrawing. Good luck to everyone! :D

shadeeazz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I get into Drew, I'm gonna take my sweet time to let them know whether I wanna go. It's pay back time. Umm..yeah like they care, but it's a comforting thought.

Fizz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wanted to tell everyone that there is some more Drew related threads on the thread labeled "Official UC Waitlist Thread." Two people got letters yesterday! I was so excited because maybe there is finally going to be some movement!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day!

Nefertari

Undercover Premed
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

W/ Dr. Don's permission, I'm posting something he mentioned in a PM which I thought is really helpful info:

"Traditionally Drew sends out acceptances later than waitlists and the reason for that is because ONLY acceptances have to be approved by UCLA before being sent out, not waitlists! For example last year when I interviewed at Drew, I got the waitlist exactly 8 weeks post interview. My friend and others who got in found out like 10-16 weeks post interview."

I've heard similar things @ the long wait, but didn't know that waitlisted candidates don't initially have to be approved by UCLA.

Sounds like Drew's mailed out something this week. 4 more hours til I get my mail here--so I'll update if anything shows up!

uclamendoza

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
thanks nefertari for that vital information!!!! good luck when you get your mail today!!!!!! like i stated in a previous post, as of yesterday (05/23), drew's class was not full yet so there is plenty of hope left out there for all of us. have a great day and keep us posted!!!!:clap:

Members don't see this ad :)

Nefertari

Undercover Premed
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
uclamendoza, when you say the class is not full, do you mean that as of yesterday, they don't have at least 25 definitely matriculating?

Fizz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone get mail? Thanks for the info Dr. Don and Nefertari! I wonder if UCLA pretty much approves everyone that is sent to them or if they are really hard to get through.

uclamendoza

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi nefertari......in answer to your question, I am not sure. When I asked my friend who called Drew herself yesterday, she was told that the class was not full as of that date....meaning that there were still seats available in the class......other than that....the lady on the phone would not elaborate on this any further except to say that acceptances are being given on a continuing basis. I wish I could tell you more but that's all my friend was told over the telephone. I hope that little bit of information helps you out a bit. Good luck!!!:rolleyes:

Nefertari

Undercover Premed
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nothing from Drew today. No mail til Tuesday!! Urghhhhhhh!!!!!

Fizz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
No mail for me either! Maybe by Tuesday??????

uclamendoza

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:( No mail here either. Let's hope for a brighter mailday sometime this week!!! It is nice to see so many posts on this particular thread. :laugh:

mkmk

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'd like to join in on the waiting game....

after ending up on 5 WLs after 7 interviews, i would really like to see some love from Drew. How's about it?

wishing all you Drew hopefuls a chill weekend. don't stress over the mail. it'll come soon enough.

Deuce 007 MD

license to ill
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to all you guys/gals waiting, hope to see you next year. And hope that they don't make you guys wait as long as they made UCSB and I wait. We interviewed Nov 20 something and didn't found out until Feb 20 something. That was 3 months.:eek:

Fizz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the support Deuce007 MD!!!! Hopefully we will all be classmates next year!

uclamendoza

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:clap: Happy Memorial Day everyone. I hope that your holiday weekend is going well. Hopefully some good mail will come tomorrow! Good luck everyone and keep on posting here. Thanks everyone who has contributed to this ever-growing thread!!! :rolleyes: :laugh:

Fizz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone -

I hope you are having a nice weekend!!! I was wondering - what is the longest that you have heard someone waiting to hear back from Drew post-interview? Like, are there people who interviewed more than three months ago and have still not heard back? It is a scary thought because I am at 12 weeks and two days! Have a good day! :love:

uclamendoza

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:hardy: Hi Fizz. I hope your holiday is going well. In answer to your previous post, my student interviewer waited much longer than 12 weeks. She told me that she when she interviewed at Drew (sometime in January of her application cycle), she did not get any word back till early June. So that's almost six months that she had to wait. However, I have a friend who's a current Drew student who got accepted after waiting only 5 weeks. So, I guess it's a real toss-up as to how long people have to wait for an acceptance. Hope that helps you out. Take care and as always, stay positive! Good luck!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Fizz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks uclamendoza for the info!

It is so interesting that the response times can vary that much between people! Six months would be so agonizing, although she got a great answer in the end. Thanks for responding!!!!

uclamendoza

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You're very welcome fizz. Good luck on getting some good mail from Drew this week!!! :laugh: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

Nefertari

Undercover Premed
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fizz
Hi everyone -
Like, are there people who interviewed more than three months ago and have still not heard back? It is a scary thought because I am at 12 weeks and two days! Have a good day! :love:
Yup, almost 15 weeks for me! It's killing me!! Thank goodness this weekend just flew by.

uclamendoza

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Best wishes to all of us on a good mailing week!!!! Let's hope for some acceptances from Drew!!! Good luck everyone! :rolleyes:

Nefertari

Undercover Premed
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by uclamendoza
Best wishes to all of us on a good mailing week!!!! Let's hope for some acceptances from Drew!!! Good luck everyone! :rolleyes:
uclamendoza, you're the only SDNer I know who can use the "eyeroll" in a positive way. :laugh:

uclamendoza

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
thanks nefertari for the very nice comment!!! i hope your day is going well and that you get some good mail. keep us posted here. :laugh:

Fizz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone get their mail yet? Mine will come in about two hours!
:p :cool: :D :laugh: :clap: :love: :) ;)

chibihamsta

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey deuce! thanks for coming to our workshop the other day! i hope HOPE HOPE we get to be classmates. =)

my mail comes in three hours...

Dr. Don

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, new info here that can really affect the timing of our apps. I've been told that out of 4 main people (at Drew) who are in the admissions committee that review apps, one of them quit, therefore it's taking longer than expected to make decisions on the applications. Now combine that with the time that it takes for UCLA to confirm applications.....damn that can only mean one more thing! MORE WAITING. Maybe that's why when people call they say that the class is still not full yet. Because trust me guys, by this time last year when I was waitlisted, the class was full already and Drew was just waiting for people to drop acceptances so that they can jump into the waitlist and pull people off. Well best of luck to everyone!

garnetgirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys- whoa, that sucks- an adcomm member quit??:confused: That will probably definitely affect the long, long wait. Keep your hopes up guys- I left town and am very apprehensive that something will come in the mail for me while I am gone, so I will check here to see if you guys get stuff this week. Good luck!!

uclamendoza

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information Dr. Don. I guess that does mean a longer wait. I wish that they would speed things up but there's nothing more than I can do. Oh well. Hopefully there are some acceptances out there for us!!! Good luck everyone. :laugh:

Fizz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! That is a relief almost to know that there is something going on with the admissions office because there seems to be quite a few of us who haven't heard anything. I guess this just means more waiting!!!! At least this is a cool group to wait with!!!!:)

Fizz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I emailed Dr. Miller and he responded in about twenty minutes! I asked if I could send my final transcript, so that my last quarter grades could be considered. This is exactly what he wrote back:

"Additional material is not necessary unless requested by the committee."

Just thought I would share!

Have a good day!

Fizz

uclamendoza

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information Fizz. I guess the admissions committee doesn't want to deal with any additional paperwork. Also, Drew's commencement ceremony is this Saturday. A friend of mine says that the Office of Medical Student Affairs helps out with this so that might add a little bit to the waiting we have to do. Just wanted to post that here for everyone. Stay positive and if you have any news of additional information, please post here!!! Thanks everyone. Have a great day!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nefertari

Undercover Premed
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dr. Don!

Your PM box is full!

**Hey guys! Too bad last week was a false alarm. At this rate, I'm just going to buckle down & psych myself out to wait til mid-June.

uclamendoza

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:clap: :clap: Keep the faith everyone!!!! Hopefully, things will start rolling at Drew for all of us! Good luck. If anyone hears anything or has any new information, please feel free to post here. :laugh: :laugh:

Fizz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone -

I noticed that on some of the UC threads, there are people already getting off the hold. Has anyone heard of someone from Drew getting off the waitlist already?

Yesterday, I was kind of losing the faith and feeling like I was never, ever going to hear, but today as it is Friday and I am at work, I feel much better!

garnetgirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hapy Friday!!! Another week gone by and still nothing. Well, maybe next week will bring some good news for all of us!;)
Have a great weekend everybody!!!!

uclamendoza

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well June is right around the corner and I would think that things would start jumping off at Drew. Since PRIME starts in July, they would have to send out some more accpetances, at least, I hope. Happy Friday to all those waiting and a good weekend to all as well. Good luck and stay positive everyone!!! :clap:

Fizz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Well, I got rejected from Drew today. Just flat out - no wait list - 13 weeks post-interview. I am so bummed. I really wish I could find out why. I have really enjoyed being part of this thread and wish the rest of you a lot of luck. I am so sad. I feel like the wind has been knocked out of me.

Fizz

:( :( :( :( :( :( :rolleyes:

uclamendoza

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear Fizz,
I am so sorry to hear about your news from Drew. Let me be the first one to say that it is their loss, not yours. Hopefully, you have another school that you have been accepted to and will attend. Remember, you're going to be a doctor no matter where you go. I wish I could say more....if you need anything or need someone to chat with, just let me know. Thanks for starting this thread on SDN. It has been very helpful and comforting. God Bless and take care.

uclamendoza
;)

mkmk

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Keep your head up Fizz!

Nefertari

Undercover Premed
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Fizz,

So sorry to hear @ that (esp. after 13 weeks). :( I know how painful . . . .

Glad to see that you have another option & will start med school this fall! Hope everything will work out fine in NY for you.

P.S. (for those still waiting) I found out that one guy in my 2/8 interview group still hasn't heard yet either. :confused:

Dr. Don

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
THIS IS TRULY SAD! GOT THE BOOT AS WELL, NOT EVEN A WAITLIST, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? ANYWAYS, THEIR LOSS!