Anyone willing to help me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meraki_soul

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking for work/activities readers! I need some help with mine. Additionally, is anyone good at cutting down on words? I have a couple of descriptions that are beyond the character rules, but I'm not the most skilled writer, so I can't figure out how to reduce it :shrug:

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately I can't help you with proofreading, but consider looking at your descriptions and asking yourself, did I actually do x a lot? Is y pertinent? Do they really care about z? By asking questions like that, I've been able to get all of my activities underneath the character limit. Hell, most are well under the limit.

Save the details for your most meaningful activities essays.

Reactions: 1 user
Unfortunately I can't help you with proofreading, but consider looking at your descriptions and asking yourself, did I actually do x a lot? Is y pertinent? Do they really care about z? By asking questions like that, I've been able to get all of my activities underneath the character limit. Hell, most are well under the limit.

Save the details for your most meaningful activities essays.

Thank you! However, I worry that, if I leave out details, adcoms will not be satisfied enough with my app to proceed me into the next step. I've been trying to stuff everything into AMCAS as succinctly and creatively as I can, so that they will send me a secondary and maybe invite me for II :unsure: It's harder than I thought it would be!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! However, I worry that, if I leave out details, adcoms will not be satisfied enough with my app to proceed me into the next step. I've been trying to stuff everything into AMCAS as succinctly and creatively as I can, so that they will send me a secondary and maybe invite me for II :unsure: It's harder than I thought it would be!
Bruh they're seen 90% of your activities a million times before and they don't need an essay from the New Yorker

Your mindset is better for the PS and 3 meaningful ones, where creativity and insight matter more

Reactions: 1 user
No. Did you adequately explain what the activity was and your role? Then you did enough. Cut the bull**** parts.

I used this as an example of how to craft the activity sections when I applied this past cycle and thought it was helpful.

Impressing Medical School Admissions Committees With Your AMCAS Work and Activities Section (Examples Included)
That is a pretty decent guide. Not to sound big-headed or anything but I came to a similar format on my own while applying last cycle and it worked well. Basically I described what it was, what it required of me (skills, maturity, time, whatever), and any change/lesson/growth from it.