• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Anyone willing to read my "final" draft of my PS?

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
  1. Medical Student
    I have to send it out today, so if anyone cares to give a quick read.....

Several of you gave me edits on my various drafts and it may have changed dramatically since you read it. I tried to incorporate what you each said as much as possible but then i had to edit much of it out due to the limited character count.

Does Microsoft Word count hard returns in their word/character count or do i have to add that to their count?

As it is now, it's 5,297 characters. :scared:

Anyone who can give a quick read please e-mail me at [e-mail address removed by Phil Anthropist by request]

And thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all your help. Sorry for being such a pain about it. :oops:

Apparition

1K Member
    10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    May 6, 2002
      Psycho, try to to paste in 5,297 characters into AMCAS and use the "Print" functon. I wasn't able to do it. Most people have this problem. It cuts out like a hundred characters. Also, if you want to have your paragraphs separated, you might want to use double spaces between them which takes away even more characters. Just try everything with AMCAS, it's annoying but you will have a better idea on how long it really must be.

About the Ads

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
      10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Jun 27, 2004
      1. Medical Student
        Is there anyone here who professionally reads essays or who has read a lot of them who can tell me if mine at least stands a chance? Anyone who hasn't read mine yet who knows wha tmakes an essay seem good to an adcom? Sorry, I know i'm being pathetic, but don't worry, it's almost over, then you won;t have to listen to me about this any more. :oops:

stinkycheese

Stinky and Cheesy
        15+ Year Member
        Jun 12, 2004
          Psycho Doctor said:
          Is there anyone here who professionally reads essays or who has read a lot of them who can tell me if mine at least stands a chance? Anyone who hasn't read mine yet who knows wha tmakes an essay seem good to an adcom? Sorry, I know i'm being pathetic, but don't worry, it's almost over, then you won;t have to listen to me about this any more. :oops:

I've read a lot of nonfiction essays and I think I'm a good writer. However, you know I am also harsh and honest. If you want me to read it, I will do so. PM me.

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
          10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Jun 27, 2004
          1. Medical Student
            stinkycheese said:
            I've read a lot of nonfiction essays and I think I'm a good writer. However, you know I am also harsh and honest. If you want me to read it, I will do so. PM me.

i guess i need harsh and honest; i just want to get it done...ok, i'll PM you but can you e-mail the criticisms back?

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
            10+ Year Member
            5+ Year Member
            Jun 27, 2004
            1. Medical Student
              doc05 said:
              if you want a response, please clear out your PM box. I'm not emailing you to retain my own anonymity. overall, the ps is good and I have no real problems with it.

Ok, sorry, I deleted a few things, you can send it now. sorry and thanks

About the Ads
              This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.