Anyone with info on LECOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EW5817

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview at LECOM on 2 DEC. I am trying to find out information on their curriculum. Also, if anyone knows whether the article they give you to read before the interview is always a science journal or other? Any other particulars that you can think of would be helpful as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Just had my interview there this week. You should LOVE it!
The article varies--mine was 3/4 page from newspaper citing NEJM, as I looked around, the other's were one page front and back--don't know the content.
Facility is clean, nice, but smaller than others I have seen. However, they have contracted to purchase additional land for expansion. Erie is beautiful and has a lot to offer.
The interview was relaxed (3 people) but inclusive. They really want to know you as a complete person and your thoughts/philosophies on OM.

The student organizations available and the apparent supportive nature of the student body sold me completely. I left knowing that should I be accepted, I will jump at the opportunity to be a LECOM grad and furhtermore, support them post-grad in any endeavor.

I agree 100% with Thalamus....I had my interview there about 1 1/2 weeks ago..I was amazed my the school, the faculty and the students....I had an EXTREMELY positive experience...and would JUMP at the chance to go there...

------------------

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, E!
I just got back from LECOM.
What a treat! The interview is comfortable, the article depends upon what they hand out that day...mine was 3/4 page, others I saw were 2 pages...go figure.
Staff and students are genuine, informative and friendly.
Erie is small, but impressive.
I'm hoping and praying that I get accepted. Let me know how it goes, and best wishes. Just be yourself and honest.

Hey peoples!
I had my interview at LECOM on 11/2. It was very casual, and conversational. They just wanted to get to know me better. They didn't ask one question about my file, but they asked my motivations of becoming a DO, and how much I really knew about Osteopathic Medicine. Facilities were adequate, and the environment was positive. I met a few of the current students and they were extremely nice and supportive. I would be very happy & proud to attend LECOM, and on 11/12, my acceptance was official!
THey do have a dress code:shirt and tie for guys except on OMM day (once a week) and a
mandatory attendance policy. It's a great school.

GOOD LUCK to everyone
Wish you the best!

Congrats Jbong....I interviewed that same week...still waiting to hear....I would love to attend LECOM....
We'll see.....

Personally, I was not impressed with LECOM. Perhaps it was the fact that they called me by the wrong name, even though I had a nametag on. Oh well. Withdrawing wasn't so hard after that.

Just offered an interview at LECOM in January. I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice or tips for the interview and also what they thought of the school and surrounding area? Thanks for the help.

Only thing that I know about the school first hand is that it is very difficult and expensive to get a flight there. You should fly to a nearby city and drive.