anyone with interview invites POST secondary from pitt?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yancantcook

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone get an interview after fully submitting their stuff to pitt. That means, the ppl that got automatic interviews (congrats btw) do not count.

Thanks for any useful input

Members don't see this ad.

Me too! I was thinking of posting this earlier but didn't want to get the "it's early, be patient" rant.

:D Treg

Members don't see this ad :)
can i ask what you wrote on the ethical question?

Treg said:
Me too! I was thinking of posting this earlier but didn't want to get the "it's early, be patient" rant.

Hey, congrats on UPenn, Treg. :thumbup:

EvoDevo said:
Hey, congrats on UPenn, Treg. :thumbup:

Thanks! I am really excited. Hey, as a fellow slave laborer (aka grad student), I am interested to see how your progress goes. Do you have a mdapplicants profile? or do you mind PMing me? I am rooting for you :luck:

:)Treg

Treg said:
Thanks! I am really excited. Hey, as a fellow slave laborer (aka grad student), I am interested to see how your progress goes. Do you have a mdapplicants profile? or do you mind PMing me? I am rooting for you :luck:

Check your PM box.

A week and a half later. Any post-secondary invites from Pitt yet?

Nada here.

:cool: Treg

Nope. I wasn't complete till 9/8, though.

I would like to know as well.

Jason

Does anyone else check their status page every day like me? I am such a neurotic nerd :D

Treg

Members don't see this ad :)
Treg said:
Does anyone else check their status page every day like me?

Yes. And I get really annoyed when I hit the "Schedule Interview" tab and it tells me that I have not been invited yet. I have this paranoia that they know how much I check that tab and are secretly laughing at me. :rolleyes:

Treg said:
Does anyone else check their status page every day like me? I am such a neurotic nerd :D

Treg

The crazy thing is that after I read your post, the first thing I did was check my interview status.

Now that's pretty crazy and neurotic.

Jason

come on pitt, show me some love.

Jason110 said:
The crazy thing is that after I read your post, the first thing I did was check my interview status.

Now that's pretty crazy and neurotic.

Jason

lol :laugh:

I am trying to limit myself to one status check per day. I really want to check now but I will wait a few more hours until it is past 5 pm EST. I guess in the meantime I can go binge on some junkfood. :laugh:

Treg said:
I am trying to limit myself to one status check per day. I really want to check now but I will wait a few more hours until it is past 5 pm EST. I guess in the meantime I can go binge on some junkfood. :laugh:

Treg, just wanted to say thank you :thumbup: Because of your post on this thread I decided to check my status page. In doing so I learned that my LOR requirement wasn't complete b/c Pitt doesn't consider my committee letter a committee letter. Otherwise, I bet I'd be wondering into April why I hadn't heard anything from this school.

Treg said:

Yeah, but everytime I see new posts in this thread I think: "Could it be? Has someone heard??" :idea: :scared:

:cool:

I finally logged in. No change. Sigh. Back to the Cheetos. :cool:

Relax- I think we've only been interviewing for a few weeks. PittMed loves you all.

LionInTheDark said:
Relax- I think we've only been interviewing for a few weeks. PittMed loves you all.
I'm going to hold you to that. ;)

Yeah, but I am kind of wondering what the heck is wrong with my app to not get the auto-invite, since I have good numbers. I feel like a second class citizen. They don't like me! :(

:laugh: Treg

nothing today either... :rolleyes:

yancantcook said:
got the pitt interview invite today, 2:58 EST !!!!

YES! good luck guys

scheduled for 11/8

Congrats!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: When were you complete? Also, are you in-state or out-of-state? And did you just randomly stumble upon this in your status page or did you receive an email?

Jason

bumping for any new info...

public service announcement from someone on the interviewee hosting list- when you get your interviews, i'd recommend not scheduling between oct 14th and oct 19, since all your potential hosts have our third anatomy midterm and our summative exam in that period.

otherwise, i recommend trying to stay in the ka6209 ultralounge (it's not mine unfortunately, but the reclining sofas are exquisite. as a fun game, see if you can figure out who on the hosting list lives there!)

peace,
lion

yancantcook said:
I'm in state, went to pitt for gov school.

i got a email for interview and went to the status page to schedule a date
yan, when were you complete at pitt? thanks!

bostonabe said:
Treg, just wanted to say thank you :thumbup: Because of your post on this thread I decided to check my status page. In doing so I learned that my LOR requirement wasn't complete b/c Pitt doesn't consider my committee letter a committee letter. Otherwise, I bet I'd be wondering into April why I hadn't heard anything from this school.

boston, just curious as to why Pitt doesn't consider your committee letter a committee letter?

bonez318ti said:
boston, just curious as to why Pitt doesn't consider your committee letter a committee letter?

It was hard to understand Pitt Admission Committee's exact reasoning, but their explanation was that a "committee" consists of several people coming together to discuss an applicant's credentials. Unfortunately, they see my "committee letter" as being written by a single pre-med advisor at my undergrad institution, who simply attached my other letters of rec that I sent him. Since I graduated 2 years ago, I don't have any current letters of rec from an undergrad professor. I haven't been in contact with my University professors since graduating (and never felt particularly strong connection with them anyways) and decided not to get a letter from them.

Thus Pitt is requesting an additional "Academic" letter from a university science professor to fulfill their letter requirements. They view my LORs as if my University does not have a Committee, and I am sending them letters from independent individuals instead of a committee working together to provide a group letter.

I got an interview today! First I got the email, and then when I logged into my status page the interview tab was available for scheduling. Just FYI, I am out-of-state, complete 9/1. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting :luck:

PS-I was beginning to wonder if my incessant status page checking was going to hurt me, like they would look at how many times I had logged in and said, "dude, this chick is a little crazy. Why is she checking on the weekend?!"

Also, my stats are in the link in my signature.

Treg said:
I got an interview today! First I got the email, and then when I logged into my status page the interview tab was available for scheduling. Just FYI, I am out-of-state, complete 9/1. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting :luck:

PS-I was beginning to wonder if my incessant status page checking was going to hurt me, like they would look at how many times I had logged in and said, "dude, this chick is a little crazy. Why is she checking on the weekend?!"

Also, my stats are in the link in my signature.

Congratulations! Thank you for keeping us updated. It's good to know that they're finally considering those who didn't receive an automatic invite.

bostonabe said:

damn...one more person to compete against..

just kidding..yea..i wish these schools would let you know if your file is incomplete or not..at buffalo i just found out that they never received copy of my green card...ahh....this process is getting way too long...i wonder how the previous applicants did it..

EvoDevo said:
Hey congrats, Treg! And wow! Awesome MCAT score. :thumbup:

Thanks, I worked hard for that :)

Treg