Anyone Working part-time in 4th yr?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cold Front

Supreme Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I will have free time in my 4th yr to work as a hygienist, this highly depends on IF I will be on top (or ahead) of my requirements by the end of my 3rd yr. There are a lot of temp agencies in boston that pay hygienists about $40/hr. Working once a week will make a big difference in my financial circumstances.

I was wondering if anyone is/will/have worked part-time during their 4th year? or know someone who did... and whether you/they think it was a good or bad idea?

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I think I will have free time in my 4th yr to work as a hygienist, this highly depends on IF I will be on top (or ahead) of my requirements by the end of my 3rd yr. There are a lot of temp agencies in boston that pay hygienists about $40/hr. Working once a week will make a big difference in my financial circumstances.

I was wondering if anyone is/will/have worked part-time during their 4th year? or know someone who did... and whether you/they think it was a good or bad idea?

:thumbup:
Don't you have to be licensed?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have to take the state board hygiene exam before you can practice?
I'm eligible to take the hygiene licensure exam (you can't practice without one, so I can take it today if I wanted to). Also my school allows students to work if they are not falling behind on their graduation requirements in their 4th year.

I was thinking about working on my off days, and there is a high demand for hygienists here (an 8 hours day = you can easily pull $300+, depending on the office the temp agency sends you)... just wondering if anyone did something like this before.

I know someone who worked part-time in their 4th year and I want to work part-time too. I think it's a good idea.

Despite what many might think, Working part time during 4th year is well known across all the dental schools around the world. Working part time during 4th year has been around since 1950s has a very important meaning in the lives of many. It would be safe to assume that working part time during 4th year is going to be around for a long time and have an enormous impact on the lives of many students.

Working part time during 4th year has a large role in American Culture. Many students can often be seen working as hygienist during 4th year. This is partly because people want to network and they can find more patients by this. Generally a person who displays their like for working part time during 4th year may be considered an exemplary dentist once they graduate.

It is a common practice to associate loans with working part time during 4th year. Generally, working part time during 4th year would be thought to have a great effect on a student's loan and spending situation, but there are in fact great many negative effects. The dental industry associated with working part time during 4th year is actually only 30k dollar a year job and the desire is decreasing due to Advanced Hygienist Programs. The industry employs nearly 50,000 hygienist in the United States and they don't want 4th year dental students. It would be safe to say that working part time during 4th year play an important role in a student's loan situation and shouldn't be taken for granted, but it may cause hardship during time management.

After a three month long research project, I've been able to conclude that working part time during 4th year doesn't negatively effect the learning environment at all. Working part time during 4th year did not seem to result in becoming dumber in all the dental skills acquired in previous years. In fact, working part time during 4th year produced some positive effects on a dental student's skill level due to more patients seen.

Working part time during 4th year influences associateship once you graduate a great deal. Last year over 90% of students who used to work part time during 4th year successfully landed a great position in associateship due to their connections. A person might think working part time during 4th year may be a bad thing to have on resume, but it's in fact a great thing to show other dentists just how dedicated you are and how great your python is by working in a 99% female population.

Working part time during 4th year seem to be a much more important idea that most give credit for. Next time you see or think of working part time during 4th year, think about what you just read and realize what is really going on. It is likely you under valued working part time during 4th year before, but will now start to give the credited needed and deserved.

I know someone who worked part-time in their 4th year and I want to work part-time too. I think it's a good idea.

Despite what many might think, Working part time during 4th year is well known across all the dental schools around the world. Working part time during 4th year has been around since 1950s has a very important meaning in the lives of many. It would be safe to assume that working part time during 4th year is going to be around for a long time and have an enormous impact on the lives of many students.

Working part time during 4th year has a large role in American Culture. Many students can often be seen working as hygienist during 4th year. This is partly because people want to network and they can find more patients by this. Generally a person who displays their like for working part time during 4th year may be considered an exemplary dentist once they graduate.

It is a common practice to associate loans with working part time during 4th year. Generally, working part time during 4th year would be thought to have a great effect on a student's loan and spending situation, but there are in fact great many negative effects. The dental industry associated with working part time during 4th year is actually only 30k dollar a year job and the desire is decreasing due to Advanced Hygienist Programs. The industry employs nearly 50,000 hygienist in the United States and they don't want 4th year dental students. It would be safe to say that working part time during 4th year play an important role in a student's loan situation and shouldn't be taken for granted, but it may cause hardship during time management.

After a three month long research project, I've been able to conclude that working part time during 4th year doesn't negatively effect the learning environment at all. Working part time during 4th year did not seem to result in becoming dumber in all the dental skills acquired in previous years. In fact, working part time during 4th year produced some positive effects on a dental student's skill level due to more patients seen.

Working part time during 4th year influences associateship once you graduate a great deal. Last year over 90% of students who used to work part time during 4th year successfully landed a great position in associateship due to their connections. A person might think working part time during 4th year may be a bad thing to have on resume, but it's in fact a great thing to show other dentists just how dedicated you are and how great your python is by working in a 99% female population.

Working part time during 4th year seem to be a much more important idea that most give credit for. Next time you see or think of working part time during 4th year, think about what you just read and realize what is really going on. It is likely you under valued working part time during 4th year before, but will now start to give the credited needed and deserved.

lol.

-Hup!

I'm not really sure how to respond to that. I certainly hope you were kidding. To answer the OP's question, however: if your state allows it AND if you really feel you have the time, it is a good way to pick up some extra cash.

Why Kris? why do you have to hijack threads?

I'm not really sure how to respond to that. I certainly hope you were kidding. To answer the OP's question, however: if your state allows it AND if you really feel you have the time, it is a good way to pick up some extra cash.
Thanks, I will take the test... supposedly, you pay $1k for the written and practical. :mad:

Best response ever! Thanks! :boom:

I have worked 24-32 hours a month all throughout school. It really isn't all that bad.