anyone worried about not getting more interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wowzer

daaaaaamn homie
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a worrying problem :( I have gotten five interviews at pretty good places since my letters were sent mid-August (among them, ny dream school Hopkins). However, I have not heard anything from any other school in the past three weeks. I have applied to more than 20 places.

Don't get me wrong..I am very very grateful for each and every interview I have received and I promise everyone that getting an invite is an exhilarating experience. However, I feel that several of my schools, many (10 schools) at which I have been complete at for almost two months but no word, will be sending a rejection wave. I can understand if some schoosl send out invites at a later time (i.e. non-rolling schools), but silence from 10 places is relaly really scaring me.

Am I worrying too much? I can't stop thinking that something is wrong with my app, thus stalling me at almost a dozen schools. Also, do non-rolling schools evaluate apps in the order they get them?

Members don't see this ad.

wowzer said:
Am I worrying too much? I can't stop thinking that something is wrong with my app, thus stalling me at almost a dozen schools. Also, do non-rolling schools evaluate apps in the order they get them?

1. Yes, you are worrying too much.
2. I doubt, from your apparent level of anal-ness (now don't get me wrong, this isn't a bad thing...I'm right there with you) , that there is anything wrong with your app.
3. I believe it varies school to school.

i feel your pain, after three quick offers i have dried up as well. :idea:

Members don't see this ad :)
wowzer said:
I have a worrying problem :( I have gotten five interviews at pretty good places since my letters were sent mid-August (among them, ny dream school Hopkins). However, I have not heard anything from any other school in the past three weeks. I have applied to more than 20 places.

Don't get me wrong..I am very very grateful for each and every interview I have received and I promise everyone that getting an invite is an exhilarating experience. However, I feel that several of my schools, many (10 schools) at which I have been complete at for almost two months but no word, will be sending a rejection wave. I can understand if some schoosl send out invites at a later time (i.e. non-rolling schools), but silence from 10 places is relaly really scaring me.

you know, your thread makes guys like me feel bad.

i have gotten ZERO interviews so far..

wowzer said:

I'm in the same situation- 5 interviews lined up a few weeks ago, then nothing. I keep hearing about people interviewing at schools that haven't contacted me, and I wonder what I did wrong. Anyway, if you got a Hopkins interview I doubt you have anything to worry about- I think October is still early?

Congrats on the interviews! I woudn't panic yet - leave that to those of us with NO interviews.

Flopotomist said:
Congrats on the interviews! I woudn't panic yet - leave that to those of us with NO interviews.

Flopotomist, you are way to active in SDN and knowledgable about the whole process to not get in- you'll make it for sure.

listen buddy. i've got no interviews. if you want to worry about your 5 interviews, call your momma. dont be posting it on SDN. thanks and have a nice evening.
-mota

kdwuma said:

me too! I thought after the first 3 that I was on a roll... now nothing. I check my mail feverishly every day. The mail carrier probably thinks I am crazy. Anyways, let's hope that these other schools just haven't gotten to our secondaries yet.

For those of you still with no interviews.. keep your head up and eventually you too will be worrying about travel expenses..

DaMota said:
listen buddy. i've got no interviews. if you want to worry about your 5 interviews, call your momma. dont be posting it on SDN. thanks and have a nice evening.
-mota

Mota.. you were complete later than most people with interviews (mid-end september). I would start worrying if it was late november or early Dec. and you still had no interviews... no worries.

firebird69guy said:
Mota.. you were complete later than most people with interviews (mid-end september). I would start worrying if it was late november or early Dec. and you still had no interviews... no worries.

ok.
-mota

wowzer said:

Dude, unless you're psychic, I think you can pretty much attribute the "feeling that you're going to get a rejection" or whatever to jitters. You have five interviews, with about a 25-50% shot of getting into each school... so unless you don't interview well or are a complete butthead, you are nearly guaranteed an acceptance! Be happy! It's still relatively early in the application process, too. A lot of candidates don't receive interviews until winter.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been on a drought since the end of September :( But somehow, do you guys get the feeling that invites have slowed down a bit this month? I felt like at the end of September everyone was getting invites, and now it's kinda just everyone is interviewing and not getting their invites anymore. Or maybe that's just the people I know

I think it's an artifact of when one is complete. Most of the people on these boards got their stuff in early. Personally I wasn't super early, but had my AMCAS verified Aug 1 and all my secondaries finished near the end of August. I got most of my invites at the end of Sept/beginning of Oct. I know one person who got his stuff in about 2 weeks before me and his crazy interview pile came about two weeks before mine.

I therefore don't believe it's that places aren't handing out more invites, I just think it takes the most schools about the same amount of time to decide to interview an applicant. This probably means the big rush of interviews is over (at least for me) but I'm still hoping for a few more to trickle in . . .

You have FIVE interviews, one of which is at Johns Hopkins! Seriously, what are you worried about?! So many people would be overjoyed to be in your position...

My belief in needless self-imposed pre-med personal hell has been re-established by this thread.

I'm getting antsy, too. I got 3 DO interviews, but only one MD interview. Even my state school has seemingly forgotten me! And I was complete in late August many places. *sigh*. I know, my husband tells me to 'chill out' every day. But no love from my state school stings a bit. :(

Yeah, I'm feeling it too. I think the most upsetting thing is watching ppl who were complete after you get interviews when you haven't heard anything.

This whole process brings anxiety/stress along every step of the way. It really tests your patience.

I'm worried that I won't get any more interviews. I have some, but they are all out of state and expensive. All I want is to hear from Cali, but they are taking their sweet time, while I'm draining loans on out of state back up schools.
Is it too late to apply to Texas schools?

2 interviews so far and i haven't head a single thing since then. I'm not as worried as you guys seem to be but i am very jealous of all those of you who have 5 interviews already. It's still early. People can even get in when they are interviewed in March so we still have half a year to wait.

Moto said:
I'm worried that I won't get any more interviews. I have some, but they are all out of state and expensive. All I want is to hear from Cali, but they are taking their sweet time, while I'm draining loans on out of state back up schools.
Is it too late to apply to Texas schools?

It's not too late to apply to Texas schools. You have until Saturday to submit the TMDSAS application -- be warned, the application is very long, but much of it is exactly the same as AMCAS. For about $100 you can apply to 6 MD schools and 1 DO school. Four of the schools have secondaries, but they're not bad, and the links are on the TMDSAS Web site. It's a really good deal.

Same boat as OP. AMCAS verified first week of August, finished all 15 secondaries by no later than third week of August. I immediately got 3 quick invites in Sept., but not a peep since. So I don't think this is unusual either.

kdwuma said:
Exactly the case here. However, my top choices were included in those three, so for that, I am quite grateful. However, I'm complete at seven other schools that a hush seems to have fallen over. :p I was complete at Yale on 7/28, and not a peep. I'm not worried (I might be if things go awry next week when my first two decisions come in), but it seems strange to get three invites in less than a week, followed by almost two months of nothing.

don't get me wrong, i'm extremely grateful for the interviews i've had, but i'm also wondering if i'm done?!? it's hard as a cali resident wondering if i'll even get one interview from a state school. here's to hoping and waiting that someone will see something and extend me an invite to one of my dream schools! i think the next wave of interviews will come after tomorrow when the applicant pool becomes more "complete". good luck to everyone (those with and those without invites so far!)

yah, it does seem like interview requests have dried up in the last few weeks. i think schools are waiting till august mcat scores come out (yesterday apparently) to better assess what kind of applicants they have. then hopefully they will start offering interviews to more average applicants like moi.

I was complete at most schools in early September and I've had two interviews so far. But no news for the past two weeks. Nada...no..nothing. Even my state school seems to have forgotten about me.

sorry guys, I gotta say it...

We are all a bunch of babies!

:laugh:

jj08 said:
sorry guys, I gotta say it...

We are all a bunch of babies!

:laugh:

wahh..WAHH..WAHHHHHH.!!!

I want more interviews!! :p

I haven't heard from schools in over a month now. I'm really happy with my 4 interviews, but I still check my email every day hoping for another one. I was feeling a bit bad about it, especially wanting to hear from Pitt, but at this point I'd be happy to go to Drexel or Jefferson, both of which I've interviewed at, and so I'm not so worried about it anymore.

And I feel for all of y'all without interviews. It still is very early (I know you're probably sick of hearing this). Good luck to all :thumbup:

I feel the same way...I really wasn't expecting this at some of the schools. This thread actually helped me put things in perspective as you all are in the same boat. I had 2 interviews (in-state) like a month ago and one out of state scheduled for december. Heard nothing from schools alllll my friends heard from or interviewed at.

Complete since end of august

they forgot about me!!!!

Right now I'm not expecting to hear anything at all for a few weeks as the aug.mcaters got their scores so i'm sure they'll just be assessing the "complete" pool and then maybe out of pity they'll give me an interview.

this waiting is killing me!!!!! :confused: :scared: :confused: