Anyone write the canadian dat today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skyguy1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
For some reason, I couldn't find what I thought was the right answer amongst the choices (Silver Chloride one;; )
And yes, Bio was awful...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
For some reason, I couldn't find what I thought was the right answer amongst the choices (Silver Chloride one;;;)
And yes, Bio was awful...
Yeah, I was 'stuck' on that one for a bit because I couldn't find my answer in one of the multiple choices.. Probably an error? (The mole ratio wasn't included in one of the probable right answers - while the one that did had an incorrect MW; everything else was rearranged incorrectly)

Last edited:
Yeah, I was 'stuck' on that one for a bit because I couldn't find my answer in one of the multiple choices.. Probably an error? (The mole ratio wasn't included in one of the probable right answers - while the one that did had an incorrect MW; everything else was rearranged incorrectly)
Yes!!! That one. Jesus, I was staring at that question for a few minutes completely puzzled............. could've used that time to go over other questions.

Yes!!! That one. Jesus, I was staring at that question for a few minutes completely puzzled............. could've used that time to go over other questions.
Yeah, the time wasted on that question sucks.. Having an error on the DAT didn't seem likely so I spent a bit of time solving it since it was an easy stoichiometry question. Did you let the CDA know? I wonder if they can figure out the possible error. Haha!

Yeah, the time wasted on that question sucks.. Having an error on the DAT didn't seem likely so I spent a bit of time solving it since it was an easy stoichiometry question. Did you let the CDA know? I wonder if they can figure out the possible error. Haha!

I would suggest you contact the CDA. I have worked closely with students taking the American DAT for many years and there have been numerous errors found on the DAT through the years. I do not know how the CDA will respond, but about 7 years ago one of our top students took the American DAT and encountered numerous errors in the QR section and several in the Chemistries. He contacted the ADA and they offered him a retake, he declined the retake because even with the errors he did very well on the DAT and is now a Dentist. If you feel your scores were affected due to an error give them a call and be prepared to give them as much information about the problem(s) you found errors so they can investigate.

Reactions: 1 user

I picked the answer with the correct set-up (I think), but included that one random number in it... hopefully they just end up marking that one right, or omit it all together. I haven't contacted them, but may send them an email after I finish my midterms this week.

Was the exam setup similar to the 2009 practice exam? I wonder if the DAT will be evolving into a MCAT like exam in the near future.

I got 37/40 on the 2009 practice exam (bio), and I can tell you the exam I took yesterday was considerably harder. A tad bit harder for chemistry, and very similar for the PAT/RC.

the bio was on par with destroyer... except no all of the above type questions obviously... and definitely harder than bootcamp!

Thank you for the input. I intend on spending a great deal of my prep time on Destroyer

Another huge shoutout to DAT Destroyer! That book should be everyone's bible for the DAT, it saved me on at least 5-6 questions I wouldn't have gotten otherwise, and was amazing for practice. Was going to give them more love when the marks came back. @orgoman22 Thanks for all your work!

I picked the answer with the correct set-up (I think), but included that one random number in it... hopefully they just end up marking that one right, or omit it all together. I haven't contacted them, but may send them an email after I finish my midterms this week.
I think I chose the one without the mole ratio included. Hopefully they would just scrap that question in its entirety, though. I'll probably send an email later this week to bring awareness to the potential error.

I would suggest you contact the CDA. I have worked closely with students taking the American DAT for many years and there have been numerous errors found on the DAT through the years. I do not know how the CDA will respond, but about 7 years ago one of our top students took the American DAT and encountered numerous errors in the QR section and several in the Chemistries. He contacted the ADA and they offered him a retake, he declined the retake because even with the errors he did very well on the DAT and is now a Dentist. If you feel your scores were affected due to an error give them a call and be prepared to give them as much information about the problem(s) you found errors so they can investigate.
Thanks for the info! I'll send them an email once I get a chance.

I picked the one where the mass was missing a decimal since I believe the set up was correct...
Nonetheless, I only bring it up since on a GC portion, 1 - 2 questions => Difference between Low 20s and Mid 20s;;;