Anything else to do after paying the initial deposit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RemainPositive

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey yall,

I'm just wondering if there are additional things that we have to do to guarantee our spot before January 3rd?Aside from paying the initial deposit for the school that we plan on attending next year.

My school do not require a background check (I presume due to my in-state status, the BG check is already taken care of pre-acceptance), and the my undergrad's final transcript won't be available til the end of January, also DS won't need until the summer next year. On the surface, it feel like I have done everything I could before the secondary deposit deadline, but for some reason I can't shake the feeling of emptiness/uneasiness even after paying my initial deposit and seeing the offer accepted status on my AADSAS app. This is all still unreal to me after nearly five years of work, I feel like there is something out there that I still need to do to guarantee my spot, but I just don't know what...... I'm gonna be out of the country for a while after this, and I definitely want to take care of everything before I leave.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! The most urgent steps for now are paying the deposit, doing the background check, and if you need to sign any other form to confirm your acceptance. One of the schools I got into has a checklist of things to do before March 1st and that includes immunizations, sending additional forms, etc.

Reactions: 1 users