secretstang19

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2002
Virginia
Visit site
Status (Visible)
Just wondering if anyone out there has heard anything from DUKE yet. Are they still screening, or has anyone gotten an interview or a rejection yet?

The timetable that is on the website isn't especially helpful, but my application has been complete for close to a month now, so was just wondering if anyone had any inside info about what's going on in Durham.

Thanks!

Wahoo07

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
The same thing is going on for me. In fact, everyone seems to be sitting on my apps. A few more months of waiting I guess. :p

DW

Fix me some sandwiches
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2002
A stone's throw from Central Park
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
at least the md/phd program at duke is interviewing. jot's got an interview at duke already. suprise suprise. :laugh:

About the Ads

omores

sleep deprived
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2000
Seattle
Visit site
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Don't think the MD interviews start until mid-October. Two years ago it took them months to process my application, but it all worked out sweetly in the end...

Best of luck!

Neuronix

Total nerd
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2002
the beach
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Duke started scheduling MD interviews last Friday for those selected. I do not know the earliest interview date. Us MD/PhD people will start scheduling our interviews tomorrow, again though I don't know the earliest date we can schedule for. I believe notifications began last Thursday on their status page.

TommyGunn04

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2002
Durham, NC
Visit site
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I'm a first-year at Duke, and I heard from someone in admissions that the first day of interviewing was this past Monday (9-30), and it was only one student. I don't know if they're only doing MSTP interviews now though.

secretstang19

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2002
Virginia
Visit site
Status (Visible)
I finally got an e-mail inviting me to schedule an interview yesterday (10/2). In case anyone is wondering, my app. has been complete since August 20.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Bounty

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 16, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
Congrats Secretstang! Any idea when you are gonna schedule it? I still haven't scheduled mine yet...

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads