Anything I should know about these OOS schools that I'm applying to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hellocubed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found a handful of OOS schools by going through the MSR that I think would be a decent fit.
My stats are: 31Q MCAT (10V/10P/11B), 3.5 sGPA/3.55 cGPA (3.85 for my last two years), strong ECs (but no publication), strong PS (or I've been told).

I found these schools to be a decent fit. I was wondering if there was anything about the individual schools I should know/be wary of. Are there any I should avoid?

Georgetown
Tulane
Boston
St. Louis
Vermont
MC Wisconsin
Wake Forest
Jefferson

I am aware that Wake Forest is very selective in giving secondaries.

Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Forget Georgetown. Secondary is expensive and everyone and his dog apply there.

Georgetown: run down and dilapidated, SMP program $$ is somehow vanishing and nothing at this school is being renovated except for a useless small cafeteria in front of the library.
Tulane: heard good things, don't know too much to be honest
Boston: lots of applicants, great facilities, pricey, Boston is a great town, nice connections and resources.
St. Louis: eehhhh
Vermont: Awweesssoommeee school, would have gone here if not for the $$ and insanely cold winters, however skiing after class doesn't sound too shabby. Nice place, great Vermont town where everyone is friendly!!
MC Wisconsin: Cold, nice facilities.
Wake Forest: Slammed on Secondary (your assumption is a correct one)
Jefferson: Have heard great things from graduating MDs.. very good for specialties i.e. surgery.

You should be competitive at most of these, however some like Vermont and SLU favor non-trads so be on the look out for those (they heavily favor ECs)