AOA and ACGME match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thegame11

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I understand that if you match into an AOA spot, then you will be withdrawn from the ACGME match. But my question is whether an ACGME prog director can tell after Feb 10 if I have been dropped from the ACGME match if I match into an AOA spot.

I am doing an elective rotation in February at a place where I interviewed (ACGME program). My school has strict policies, so I can't change my rotation now. I don't want anyone to know whether I was successful or not in matching at an AOA program.

This is for family medicine programs. Not something super competitive. Stupid me :smack: :smack: didn't anticipate this when I was scheduling rotations....

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, they will be able to tell that you matched AOA because your name won't be in the NRMP if/when they try to rank you.

But you shouldn't really care about it one way or the other. It's not going to be any skin off his teeth to not be able to rank you. If it really worries you, just be honest about it. Nobody will really care.

Agreed. When we go to rank you, it will say "withdrawn". Also agreed that you're making a big deal out of nothing. No one will care.

Reactions: 1 user