AOA Psychiatry Interview Invites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mavrich

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten one?

Members don't see this ad.

Any update on this? When do the AOA programs usually start giving invites? Any current interns remember when they started getting AOA interviews last year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing yet for me other than a couple of "we got your application" automated-type messages. Submitted on the first day. Glad I'm not alone!

Nothing yet either. Got an automated-type message, and got an e-mail asking me to fill out further information (which it looked like they sent everyone applying to any residency at this hospital), but that's it.

Last edited:
ditto. got that from Rowan and a couple other places. NYCOMEC/Orange said they would send news by the first week of august. Anyone hear back?

I got one from Detroit Wayne County but that's it so far. Another classmate has one at Henry Ford, I believe. Hopefully more to come soon. I submitted a week or so late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got one from Detroit Wayne County but that's it so far. Another classmate has one at Henry Ford, I believe. Hopefully more to come soon. I submitted a week or so late.

Congrats! When did you get the Detroit interview ?

Congrats! When did you get the Detroit interview ?

Thank you! About a week or so ago. So anxiety-provoking when my IM/FM friends are loading up on the interviews already. Could be the contrast in number of applicants - bet they start reviewing later.

September 6th can't come soon enough - ready to submit ACGME!

Can I ask what motivated you to choose AOA psychiatry over ACGME? Most on here seem to have a very negative view of it.

Can I ask what motivated you to choose AOA psychiatry over ACGME? Most on here seem to have a very negative view of it.

Not choosing one over the other yet- just keeping my options open (especially until ACGME invites start rolling in). I'm trying to focus on a couple AOA programs that have already applied for ACGME accreditation or seem reputable. (Having a functioning website is a good Litmus test, to start).

Not choosing one over the other yet- just keeping my options open (especially until ACGME invites start rolling in). I'm trying to focus on a couple AOA programs that have already applied for ACGME accreditation or seem reputable. (Having a functioning website is a good Litmus test, to start).

Remind me, but doesn't the AOA match happen first and if you match you're pulled out?

Remind me, but doesn't the AOA match happen first and if you match you're pulled out?

This is true! My goal is to see where the interview season takes me a decide from there. Better to cast a broad net now and get more choosy down the road, imho.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is true! My goal is to see where the interview season takes me a decide from there. Better to cast a broad net now and get more choosy down the road, imho.

Idk seems more restricted applying to the 5 aoa/acgme programs as opposed to applying to like 50 acgme programs.

Reactions: 1 user
anybody have any updates ? I'm assuming most invites will start early September?

Got one from MSU today. I bet we see it pick up in September!

Any updates this week? I applied to ten AOA residencies and haven't gotten anything.

Any updates this week? I applied to ten AOA residencies and haven't gotten anything.

I got an e-mail from one of the places that I applied to that applications are only just now being reviewed, and that interviews will begin mid-September.

(Edit: I got the e-mail yesterday.)

Last edited:
I know a couple of people with interviews scheduled at some places but they already have their Level 2 scores in. It looks like the only people with interview invitations are those who already have their Level 2 scores in. Nobody I know without Level 2 scores has interviews yet.

Hm I actually did really well on my comlex step 2 and haven't gotten one interview yet lol

I know a couple of people with interviews scheduled at some places but they already have their Level 2 scores in. It looks like the only people with interview invitations are those who already have their Level 2 scores in. Nobody I know without Level 2 scores has interviews yet.

Do you know which programs specifically by chance?

I'm a little late to this thread but I thought I'd post anyway...

I got an invite for an interview from Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton, CA (on 8/25, for October), Orange Regional Medical Center in Middletown, NY (on 8/15, for September), and RowanSOM Kennedy University Hospitals/Our Lady of Lourdes in Stratford, NJ (on 9/12, not scheduled yet). I got an automated email from CEME/Larkin Community Hospital stating that they are pulling out of the Osteopathic match and to instead apply again with the allopathic match and another from Henry Ford Allegiance Health confirming receipt of my application. No rejections yet.

I've already passed COMLEX Levels 1 and 2 (both CS and CK) and they can see those scores.

Anybody here back from any of the programs in FL, or NY (besides middletown)? I've heard back from only the Michigan programs so far

Anybody here back from any of the programs in FL, or NY (besides middletown)? I've heard back from only the Michigan programs so far

I've heard back from Arnot, in Elmira, NY.

I guess we might as well keep a running list of where people have received interviews from...

Feel free to add to the list below

Detroit Wayne County- Detroit, MI
MSU- East Lansing, MI
Medical Center at Bowling Green- Bowling Green, KY
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton, CA
Orange Regional Medical Center in Middletown, NY
RowanSOM Kennedy University Hospitals/Our Lady of Lourdes in Stratford, NJ
Arnot Health, Elmira, NY

Reactions: 1 users
Heard from several of the above and also Unity Health in Searcy, AR
Not a lot of love from Michigan for some reason.

Any updates, specifically any updates from the Florida schools?

Anyone get one yet for this upcoming cycle?

Has anyone even heard anything? ....crickets over here...

Anyone who is DO applying to AOa programs did you get any invites yet?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How many AOA programs are there left? I didnt apply to any because none were geographically where I wanted to be, but it looked like most were ACGME now.