AOA Residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this topic has been breached before. I am left with a few questions. Firstly, have some present DO students have any recommendations on who has good (purely AOA accredited) residencies? I remember "prefontaine" saying he was not impressed with the osteopathic hospitals in Michigan.

My second question come from me reading about the different AOA opportunities. If an AOA program teaches its students in hospitals that primarily have ACGME residencies do you get a great education or the short end of the stick. For example, Sun Coast Hospital has a general surgery residency where the other two hospitals you go through are USF and Jackson Memorial. Also, POH has a neurosurgery program where years are spend at McGill University in Montreal, Canada (where no DO schools exist). Would these residencies parallel ACGME ones?

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, if you're gonna go to one of those osteopath schools, then try to gain admission into one of the few ACGME residencies that take osteopath professionals...that way you at least have a chance of getting a job...otherwise, just go to Ross University or maybe SGU (even though SGU has higher attrition rates). Good luck!
Creepy-soccer-fan.gif

Inb4 this thread gets locked and Necromancer1 gets banned.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you want people to actually pay attention to you and get respect, how about you stop quoting the Qur'an

I couldn't care less about what you and people like you think of me and my beliefs.

Keep trolling while you still can.

How the heck I see his posts only when someone quotes that annoyance? Why can't a moderator ban him/her?
you can only see their posts when they are quoted because they were already banned and all their posts already deleted.

you can only see their posts when they are quoted because they were already banned and all their posts already deleted.
Ok...Did not know if that troll was already banned... For some reason the DO forum has been invaded by these crazies lately...

Ok...Did not know if that troll was already banned... For some reason the DO forum has been invaded by these crazies lately...

I have a feeling its one of those introverted Pre-MD people coming over to troll on our section of the website.