AOA Responds To ACGME

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

corpsman33

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Raining on my parade. Posted that in another thread and no one seemed to notice.

I LOVE the last question.

Doc,

I went and read that thread after I posted this and noticed your post. Didn't mean to step on toes. Unfortunately, I am not a gold member and can't delete threads, but I feel a FAQ of this magnitude deserves it's own thread regardless.

Yea, I love the last question as well. I had no idea that COCA was a complete separate entity from the AOA and also that COCA was basically forced by current laws to allow new schools meeting requirements to gain accreditation. It's time to up the entrance requirements I guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
Doc,

I went and read that thread after I posted this and noticed your post. Didn't mean to step on toes. Unfortunately, I am not a gold member and can't delete threads, but I feel a FAQ of this magnitude deserves it's own thread regardless.

Yea, I love the last question as well. I had no idea that COCA was a complete separate entity from the AOA and also that COCA was basically forced by current laws to allow new schools meeting requirements to gain accreditation. It's time to up the entrance requirements I guess.

Oh I was joking man. I don't vcare. Was considering making a thread of it myself because I didn't want it missed. Well done.

I find it ironic the explanation of why the AOA allows the opening of so many schools was completely shifted to COCA (rightly so) but they fail to address why the AOA publications sing the praises of the schools when they announce expansions.

I saw this part of section from AOA website and I felt very sketchy
What was contained in the MOU, and what specifically was viewed as problematic?

The details of the MOU remain subject to the confidentiality agreement agreed to by all three organizations.

why does MOU need to be in confidential??? we all see this is definely grandfather clause

So many threads on this I can't keep it all straight. Oh well... if I spent as much time studying as I do on SDN keeping up on the non-merger I could match ACGME dermatological orthopedics at Johns Harvard.