Aortic Disease at 25?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PistolPete3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I understand that SDN is definitely not the right place to seek medical counsel, but I thought I would solicit some opinions here.

Just got out of a routine cardiology appointment for moderate hypertension (been getting worse throughout M1, so I decided to get it under control). They had done an echo because of the high bp and young age back in March.

I was told I have a dilatation at the aortic root, already at 4.54 cm (as of March). I am an otherwise pretty healthy 25 year old male with a couple year history of moderate hypertension (worsening in the last 6 months). No family history of connective tissue disorders, no vascular issues in the family history at all, and no heart malformations.

They want to do a follow up MRI in a few months. I guess my question is should I seek a second opinion? Maybe do the MRI sooner? Seems like a pretty rare scenario and the cardiologist I saw did not inspire tons of confidence.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.