ADeadLois

10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
Status
Medical Student
When entering AP credit on AMCAS, what should I list it as under "Academic Year" and "Academic Term"?

OP
ADeadLois

ADeadLois

10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
Status
Medical Student
ADeadLois said:
When entering AP credit on AMCAS, what should I list it as under "Academic Year" and "Academic Term"?
Bump

keepdreaming

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
i put it in my first year, first semester of college so it was under "fall 2003"

WilliamsF1

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Yes, put it under your first semester of the institution that accepted it as credit. If you look at your transcript from your school, it should be there. Mine says this for my college transcript:

CREDIT BY EXAM - ADV PLACEMENT 2003 FALL
MAC2311 Calculus AB P 4.00
etc.

UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA 1BA 2003 FALL
BSC2010 INTEGRA PRINC BIO 1....
etc

Even though I took AP Calc in 2001-02 year, it should go under your first semester of the school that accepted it as college credit. However, I didn't put "freshman" under the catagory for school year. I put "High School." Notice that the "1BA" is when I was recognized as a frehsman and not the part of AP credit. Hope this helps. Btw, I'm surprised you just started doing this now considering you got an ace score on April MCAT. I figured you must've already been having interviews :)

Edit: The "P" for Calc means a grade of Pass. My univ doesn't record the letter grade you get in high school. Some schools might, so check up on that. 4.00 is the number of credit hours, too.

OP
ADeadLois

ADeadLois

10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
Status
Medical Student
WilliamsF1 said:
Yes, put it under your first semester of the institution that accepted it as credit. If you look at your transcript from your school, it should be there. Mine says this for my college transcript:

CREDIT BY EXAM - ADV PLACEMENT 2003 FALL
MAC2311 Calculus AB P 4.00
etc.

UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA 1BA 2003 FALL
BSC2010 INTEGRA PRINC BIO 1....
etc

Even though I took AP Calc in 2001-02 year, it should go under your first semester of the school that accepted it as college credit. However, I didn't put "freshman" under the catagory for school year. I put "High School." Notice that the "1BA" is when I was recognized as a frehsman and not the part of AP credit. Hope this helps. Btw, I'm surprised you just started doing this now considering you got an ace score on April MCAT. I figured you must've already been having interviews :)

Edit: The "P" for Calc means a grade of Pass. My univ doesn't record the letter grade you get in high school. Some schools might, so check up on that. 4.00 is the number of credit hours, too.

Thanks.

Yeah, I figured I'd have submitted AMCAS already too. I had a brutal May (I had a tough spring quarter schedule and had a major research presentation. I'm also an exhaustinly slow writer, so my PS is taking a long time. Should be submitted by this weekend though.

MrMet31

DWright for MVP
10+ Year Member
May 30, 2006
Shea Stadium
Status
Pre-Medical
On my AMCAS I put them as I took them in high school. AMCAS then corrected that and listed them all as me having taken them the first semester of college.

WilliamsF1

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
ADeadLois said:
Should be submitted by this weekend though.
Have you already sent your transcript in? How long does it usually take for them to get it and then make sure you typed it in correctly?

I haven't started my PS yet. I'm thinking I will just write about 1 experience I had that made me go into medicine (surgery). Do you think this would be enough or do you think they're looking for more talk about who I am, volunteering I've done, etc? Sorry for the thread hijack. :)

OP
ADeadLois

ADeadLois

10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
Status
Medical Student
WilliamsF1 said:
Have you already sent your transcript in? How long does it usually take for them to get it and then make sure you typed it in correctly?

I haven't started my PS yet. I'm thinking I will just write about 1 experience I had that made me go into medicine (surgery). Do you think this would be enough or do you think they're looking for more talk about who I am, volunteering I've done, etc. Sorry for the thread hijack. :)
My transcript was received by AMCAS earlier this month.

Your PS topic sounds fine. I wrote primarily about one experience, but brushed on a second.