AP Credit and Biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amrazzz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm currently a rising junior, majoring in Biology. I received AP credit (5) for biology for freshman year. I decided to partially use it by taking lecture (3 quarters) but dropping the lab portion after 2 quarters (took fall quarter). Sophomore year, I took cell biology with lab, genetics with lab, and medical botany. This year I plan to take Advanced Cell Biology, Immunology, and Microbiology.

I've been looking at med school requirements and most schools require 1 year in College Biology, including lab. Does this mean the baseline classes (Bio I,II, III), or have I already fulfilled this by taking my upper levels?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

I'm currently a rising junior, majoring in Biology. I received AP credit (5) for biology for freshman year. I decided to partially use it by taking lecture (3 quarters) but dropping the lab portion after 2 quarters (took fall quarter). Sophomore year, I took cell biology with lab, genetics with lab, and medical botany. This year I plan to take Advanced Cell Biology, Immunology, and Microbiology.

I've been looking at med school requirements and most schools require 1 year in College Biology, including lab. Does this mean the baseline classes (Bio I,II, III), or have I already fulfilled this by taking my upper levels?

I think each school would do it differently. I'd assume you are fine (I did a very similar thing with chemistry) but I would also call to make sure.

Cell bio with lab and genetics with lab fulfill the bio requirement. You're good to go.