Mar 10, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys quick question. I took AP Calculus and got out of one quarter of math at my school. I took statistics and another calculus. With my AP credit and those two math courses I fulfilled the math requirement.

A decent amount of schools such as UCLA won't take AP credit for prereqs/required courses. If I take the calculus class I passed out of with that AP credit this summer while applying will I still be allowed to apply to those schools or will I be disqualified?

d1ony5u5

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2009
somewhere
Status
Medical Student
You are fortunate it was only one course you AP'ed out of!

From my own experience with UCLA, I know they will be ok. The only requirement from them is that you have the course retaken before matriculation. You could even take it the summer before your 1st year, once you know you are accepted, as an adviser from UCLA admissions told me.

I AP'ed out of the whole general chemistry series, including lab. They wanted me to retake the whole year! Not even UCLA is worth that to me.

mvenus929

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I AP'ed out of the whole general chemistry series, including lab. They wanted me to retake the whole year! Not even UCLA is worth that to me.
A lot of schools said that regarding my physics lectures. I had already taken two years of physics in high school, I wasn't about to suffer through it again in college. I applied to schools that would accept it.