AP Credit on AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woo8431

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I received a B in an AP class in high school, but it was out of a 5.0 GPA so I actually got a 4.0 for the class. On aadsas should I put 4.0 or a "B" for the "grade" and then an "A" for the "aadsas grade"? I received college credit for the course.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i don't want to highjack this thread, but i didn't even see a spot to put AP grades...didn't know we had to since schools don't count them towards requirements anyway

where do you put them in at??

i don't want to highjack this thread, but i didn't even see a spot to put AP grades...didn't know we had to since schools don't count them towards requirements anyway

where do you put them in at??
I thought we had to put down all the courses that are on our transcript and my AP class came up as a course since i got credit for it. Theres an option of AP/clep under "classification" of the coursework section. Anyone know what to do about the grade though??

Members don't see this ad :)
what session did you put it under, just the first semester you were in college??

oh yea, i just put it in...i'm going with "no grade"

My transcript shows that I trasferred those AP credits on the first Fall quarter of college. So, I put them on the first section using Advanced Placment/ CLEP tag.

And for the first question, I think you can put Credit in the grade section, because those A, Bs are for high school.
That's what I did, and AADSAS already verified them as I put them.

Hey guys,

So I received a B in an AP class in high school, but it was out of a 5.0 GPA so I actually got a 4.0 for the class. On aadsas should I put 4.0 or a "B" for the "grade" and then an "A" for the "aadsas grade"? I received college credit for the course.

Thanks
So, I'm new to the dental forums, but I have this same question. I think you should put your scores on the AP test vs your grade in the class. The way most universities award college credit for AP courses is successful performance of 3 (some schools require a 4) or higher on the AP test at the end of the year in May, and not completion of the course.

BixStix--What I read on another thread on sdn yesterday (I can't find it anymore) someone said that he/she spoke with AADSAS and AADSAS told him/her to include AP classes that are shown on the college transcript and which you're getting college credit. The same AADSAS told this sdn-user to include these AP courses in the first semester of the university he/she attended. There is a drop-down menu towards the bottom when you're adding classes that allows you to add a special designation. For the AP classes you select "Advanced Placement/CEEB".

I encourage you to try to find this previous thread on Google, in case there are some details I missed.

So, I'm new to the dental forums, but I have this same question. I think you should put your scores on the AP test vs your grade in the class. The way most universities award college credit for AP courses is successful performance of 3 (some schools require a 4) or higher on the AP test at the end of the year in May, and not completion of the course.

BixStix--What I read on another thread on sdn yesterday (I can't find it anymore) someone said that he/she spoke with AADSAS and AADSAS told him/her to include AP classes that are shown on the college transcript and which you're getting college credit. The same AADSAS told this sdn-user to include these AP courses in the first semester of the university he/she attended. There is a drop-down menu towards the bottom when you're adding classes that allows you to add a special designation. For the AP classes you select "Advanced Placement/CEEB".

I encourage you to try to find this previous thread on Google, in case there are some details I missed.

oh, we're golden now!!:D

I think you should put your scores on the AP test vs your grade in the class.

Are you sure about that? I have put CRs on the grade section for the AP classes, and AADSAS has already verified as they are.

Are you sure about that? I have put CRs on the grade section for the AP classes, and AADSAS has already verified as they are.
I guess it depends on how your school awards the AP credit. There may be some schools that give college credit based on the letter grade earned in the class. At my school, it's solely based on AP scores. For example, I took the AP Microeconomics test without ever taking the AP class, and I did well enough to get college credit for it on my transcript.

I guess it depends on how your school awards the AP credit. There may be some schools that give college credit based on the letter grade earned in the class. At my school, it's solely based on AP scores. For example, I took the AP Microeconomics test without ever taking the AP class, and I did well enough to get college credit for it on my transcript.

So, that's for credit part, not for grade part.
You can put the number of units in the credit section, but your saying doesn't make sense for putting AP score in the grade section.

My school, University of the Pacific, doesn't give us university-level grades for AP classes. If we got 3 or higher on the test, we get 4 units on our transcript--but no grade. And when AADSAS wants to verify your AP credits, they look at your AP scores, not grades.

I tried leaving the "grade" spot blank on the coursework page, but it won't let you save the course when I do that. What did you put in that box? Also, I'm assuming I just put "none" for the AADSAS grade.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used the drop-down menu to put in the numeric value of my AP score (i.e. 3.00 for a score of 3 on the AP test). I put "none" for the AADSAS grade.

My school, University of the Pacific, doesn't give us university-level grades for AP classes. If we got 3 or higher on the test, we get 4 units on our transcript--but no grade. And when AADSAS wants to verify your AP credits, they look at your AP scores, not grades.

So, you are already saying that having 4 units on the transcript will let AADSAS people know that you have enough AP score to receive the credits. I don't think any university would keep your AP score on the transcript. Then, how can AADSAS verify the score? They just need # of credits.
Oh well, put 5 on the grade section and see if AADSAS people won't change it.

I'm going to add my AP class as "CR" for "Grade", "None" for "AADSAS grade", and then 3 credits attempted since that's what it has on my transcript. I wish I could call aadsas, but they're phone has been busy all day.

Thanks everyone.

I thought AP credits do not count toward your GPA?

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong though.

Yes, you are 100% correct. This thread is crazy. It doesn't matter what you got in your AP class, only the grade on your AP exam. The AP exam is out of 5 points. Most schools will accept a 4 or 5 as a replacement, some schools even go down to a 3, and I have never heard of a school even considering a 2, 1, or 0 (if possible). The 5, 4, 3, 2, or 1 points DOES NOT CORRELATE TO GPA in any way. You are only awarded credit for them. For Pete's sake, don't say you got a 5.0 (impossible) because you got a 5 or a 3.0 (B grade) because you got a 3 on the exam. Some people...

Yes, you are 100% correct. This thread is crazy. It doesn't matter what you got in your AP class, only the grade on your AP exam. The AP exam is out of 5 points. Most schools will accept a 4 or 5 as a replacement, some schools even go down to a 3, and I have never heard of a school even considering a 2, 1, or 0 (if possible). The 5, 4, 3, 2, or 1 points DOES NOT CORRELATE TO GPA in any way. You are only awarded credit for them. For Pete's sake, don't say you got a 5.0 (impossible) because you got a 5 or a 3.0 (B grade) because you got a 3 on the exam. Some people...

That's what I'm talking about. I'm so happy now. :hardy:

"some people...". Cute.

I figure the people working at AADSAS are smart enough to not include these listed AP courses in the GPA calculation when:
1-They see that the grade is a numeric value, and, more importantly,
2-They see that the class is designated as "Advanced Placement"

The dental school, however, might be interested in knowing how you did on the AP test as part of a holistic comparison of your application with other applicants. Furthermore, it makes your application more complete. I wouldn't put down "General Biology" as the course and then put "Oh, I passed" as the grade, when I have a quantitative value for my grade. See what I'm saying? So I'm going to put the score I received on the AP test in the grade drop-down box, and leave the AADSAS grade blank--like I said before.

I would love for someone to reply to this thread and clarify all this because they talked to someone from AADSAS.

Okay I talked to AADSAS.

Under course, write:
ADVANCED PLACEMENT, AP CREDIT

Under subject, select:
Non-Science

Course level:
Undergraduate

Grade:
CR

AADSAS Grade
None

Credits:
(# corresponding to how many units you got from it according to your university transcript)

Classification:
Advanced Placement/CLEP

Now go back to the NOVA DAT validity time period thread and answer my question please. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
what do you mean by how many units you got?
3/4/5 or whatttt

you gotta be kidding me. read my post again.

Haha. This AP Credit stuff really isn't that complicated. You get credit "CR" for the course, and the number of units, or credits, depends on your university - NOT YOUR SCORE ON THE ACTUAL AP EXAM OR CLASS. I hope this sets things straight.

you gotta be kidding me. read my post again.

read my question again,
it wasn't hey how do i fill out my aadsas, it was what does it mean by "units"

also is the only way to do ap scores via phone service? theres no online form for it?

read my question again,
it wasn't hey how do i fill out my aadsas, it was what does it mean by "units"

also is the only way to do ap scores via phone service? theres no online form for it?

On your transcript, you should be able to see how many units you were given for AP classes when you entered your university. You get 4 units for some classes, and 5 for others.

I'm not so sure of what you mean by "do ap scores via phone service."
We are talking about adding AP classes from high school to the coursework section of AADSAS online application.
The guy whom you are asking questions called only to make sure he/she is doing it the right way.

well there is a service that i originally used to report the AP scores to my first university. i'm asking if the method to validate would be to request a AP "transcript" to send to AADSAS (if so, how). or just write it in as a "class" attended @ my first university. (CR,etc)

i think i'm making this too difficult.

well there is a service that i originally used to report the AP scores to my first university. i'm asking if the method to validate would be to request a AP "transcript" to send to AADSAS (if so, how). or just write it in as a "class" attended @ my first university. (CR,etc)

i think i'm making this too difficult.

jesus. calm down son. it's okay. keep down the ocd. i got it too, but you gotta chill a bit more. units should be on your transcript. check it out. rip one open. it's okay. if you need assistance, i can help if you're in norcal.