AP Credit to satisfy prereqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lolo08

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For schools that require 2 semesters of Bio, Chem, Orgo, and Physics, all with lab, would AP credit satisfy this requirement?

For example, if I APed out of Chemistry and my school waived Chemistry lab, and then I proceeded to Biochem + lab, would that count for the Chemistry requirements? Or do I have to take another Chem lab? Where do I find out which schools take AP credit for Chemistry or another science course?

Also, does Cell Biology or Genetics lab count as a Biology lab?

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Lolo08 said:
For schools that require 2 semesters of Bio, Chem, Orgo, and Physics, all with lab, would AP credit satisfy this requirement?

For example, if I APed out of Chemistry and my school waived Chemistry lab, and then I proceeded to Biochem + lab, would that count for the Chemistry requirements? Or do I have to take another Chem lab? Where do I find out which schools take AP credit for Chemistry or another science course?

Thanks so much!
it depends on the school, their websites or application instructions usually specify, or you can call them. or maybe e-mail. i just finished dartmouth app and they accept AP. columbia, for example, is a little more uptight about it. yes, sure the last two count as bio labs, im planning on taking genetics lab for that reason next year.

i think as long as they can look at your transcript and see that you've taken other courses in that field then you're ok. example: i APed out of calc1 and calc2 but i've taken vector calc and diff eq.

Members don't see this ad :)
yourmom25 said:
i think as long as they can look at your transcript and see that you've taken other courses in that field then you're ok. example: i APed out of calc1 and calc2 but i've taken vector calc and diff eq.
yeah i believe even schools that appear to be uptight will make exceptions if you take upper level classes

Lolo08 said:

Thanks so much!
this exact question was dicussed in a recent thread. check it out.

Thanks, everyone:)

Shredder said:
it depends on the school, their websites or application instructions usually specify, or you can call them. or maybe e-mail. i just finished dartmouth app and they accept AP. columbia, for example, is a little more uptight about it. yes, sure the last two count as bio labs, im planning on taking genetics lab for that reason next year.