AP Credit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jkjkjk

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok say i get college credit with:

AP English
AP Calculus BC
AP Biology
AP Chemistry
AP Physics B&C

Other than organic chemistry, all of my pre requisites will be filled through high school classes where my grades will not be reported. What will colleges factor into my GPA besides Organic Chemistry assuming i go for a non science major.

Members don't see this ad.

I think English is the only one that you can get away with. All my English credit was AP.

At some of the more "prestigious" schools, AP English isn't even accepted. It wasn't a problem in my case though with the schools that I applied to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok so most med schools will make me take the pre requisites in college besides maybe english.

I believe most school's won't accept AP credit for your pre-reqs. You may have to take those classes anyway.
But won't AMCAS count AP credit towards your BCPM even if you've also taken the equivalent in college? So basically you could have all your BCPM filled through AP credit minus organic, and only your organic grades count towards your BCPM.

But won't AMCAS count AP credit towards your BCPM even if you've also taken the equivalent in college? So basically you could have all your BCPM filled through AP credit minus organic, and only your organic grades count towards your BCPM.

if your college gives you a grade for your credit, that's not true.

Ok so most med schools will make me take the pre requisites in college besides maybe english.

. . . Or meet the requirements by taking upper level courses in those subjects. If you take the classes instead of taking AP credit, that AP experience will help you be well prepared & hopefully enable you to make easy "A's". The college classes will be more than just refresher courses. They generally cover more than the AP courses do. Taking them in college will also help you be more prepared for the MCAT, since the material will be fresher.