AP Credit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bialik

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I was just wondering how AP credits are counted by AACOMAS or by schools. I submitted my application to AACOMAS but it just says 9 credits for AP credits but doesn't specifically state the 4 for Calculus and 5 for Inorganic Chemistry I earned. A school I applied to said I'm short an inorganic chem class because they received my application from AACOMAS saying I have a total of 9 AP credits instead of the breakdown of the credits. Any advice?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Bialik,
I know a lot of schools prefer that students do not use their AP credits towards pre-med classes, i.e. Chem or Bio, etc. However, you should contact each of the schools you applied to and clarify what classes you are waiving with your credits, just so they can keep track of what pre-reqs you have completed. For example, the chemistry sequence that almost all the pre-meds at my college took looks like it lacks one semester of G-chem, but there's a good reason why that is the way it is, and I had to explain that to the med schools unfamiliar with my chem track. When in doubt, just contact the individual schools. AACOMAS isn't going to help you much with problems like these. Good luck!