AP Credits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ttothemac

Gunner... the soccer fan kind
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am debating taking Gen Chem 2 because I have the AP credits to skip it (I took Gen Chem 1, not sure why I did though), but I have heard that many schools won't accept AP credit. Also, I have heard that some schools don't mind if you get rid of Calculus with it but want you to take chem. Can anyone clarify please?

Edit: Also would I be able to take it at another school over the summer instead?

Members don't see this ad.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=784623

general SDN wisdom is to retake it to cover all your bases @ all med schools and to snag an easy A in the process. and youre correct tht most dont really care re: calc.

and you theoretically could take it over the summer, but why bother paying $$ when you can do it now + there is debate on whether med schools like seeing pre-reqs taken over the summer. personally, i would try to stay away from it.

Thank you for the help. I think I might just take 18 credits this semester and take Calc 2 and Chem 2, then worry about Biochem next year.

Thank you for the help. I think I might just take 18 credits this semester and take Calc 2 and Chem 2, then worry about Biochem next year.

If you learned your material the first time around, it shouldn't be too bad anyway. Unless you go to a really competitive undergraduate.