AP Credits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jasmine

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So you're supposed to include AP credit if the school awarded you credit for it - my school awarded me acceleration credit, but the classes did not count twoards my graduation credits... do I put them in my application?

Members don't see this ad.

If it isn't on your transcipt, I would suggest ommiting it.

It's on my transcript as "acceleration credit" with the equivalent courses listed alongside, although no grades are assigned and it indicates the number of credits enrolled but no credit for graduation.

I think I'll be listing it... a mistake? If anyone thinks so please let me know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, definitely list it.

I was exempted from a class in undergrad, and it shows up on my transcript as three credits. There's no grade or anything. I think I included it as AP credit (it shows up at 3 OT hours, no grade).

HTH,

Pam

For instance, I was able to skip Music Theory I and go into Music Theory II. However, I received no credits for Music Theory I, and it was not noted on my transcript. I didn't note this anywhere in my applications.

Wow.....it's kind of like an audit, I guess, but without attending. If you audit a course in my school, it says how much credits the course is listed as, but these credits are not included in your total. BUT, IT DOES SHOW UP ON MY TRANSCRIPT! So I put it in. If it shows up on your transcript you should definitely put it in.

OK - it's on my transcript, so onto the app it goes...

Thanks both of you for your advice! =)