AP Physics Credit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

matlas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm a sophomore and I'm starting to have some concerns about the pre med requirements. I got 5s on both AP Physics C exams, so I was able to pass out of Physics I at my college (it shows up as transfer credit on my transcript). So, my freshman semester I took Physics II (I got an A+, but at my college the first semester is pass/fail).

I'm wondering if this will be satisfactory for some schools, particularly UCLA. Their website says they do not accept AP credit, but my premed advisor said as long as Physics I and Physics II are on my transcript I should be fine. Should I bite the bullet and take Physics III? I'm worried it might drop by GPA, prevent me from taking other classes I'm more interested, and soak up time I could spend doing other things.

Does anyone (especially people admitted to UCs/similar schools) have experience with this? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the link. I'm particularly interested in the UCs (I'm a CA resident), and UCLA and UC Davis say they don't accept AP credit based on that table. What I'm asking is if, despite the fact that I have Physics I and Physics II on my transcript, I still need to take Physics III?

Cool. Yeah, if it turns out that I need Physics III that's probably what I'll do. I'm just trying to plan my courses now so I don't end up with a crammed senior year.

Did you do the same thing I did (skip out of Physics I)? Have any of the schools from the table w/ a N in the physics column given you trouble? Good luck on the admissions cycle.