AP Psychology & UCSF dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sunspear

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the UCSF Psychology pre-req, I'm going ahead and using my AP score to satisfy it. However, the UCSF admissions website requests an official AP score report. Since I took the AP Psychology test in 2006, I'm having to go through the "Archives", which takes 7-10 business days to process, and... ugh; I just don't want my application to be held up because of this "Archived AP" process.

Has anyone else, or will anyone else, undergo this process? Or is there a faster way? I'm wondering if I should call UCSF and ask them if showing my Berkeley transcript (with AP tests noted on the transcript showing credits given) will suffice instead.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

For the UCSF Psychology pre-req, I'm going ahead and using my AP score to satisfy it. However, the UCSF admissions website requests an official AP score report. Since I took the AP Psychology test in 2006, I'm having to go through the "Archives", which takes 7-10 business days to process, and... ugh; I just don't want my application to be held up because of this "Archived AP" process.

Has anyone else, or will anyone else, undergo this process? Or is there a faster way? I'm wondering if I should call UCSF and ask them if showing my Berkeley transcript (with AP tests noted on the transcript showing credits given) will suffice instead.

Thanks!

From what I understood, the pre-reqs need to be done before the matriculation. I don't think they will hold up your application because of that, but they will still need the score at some point.

I am in the exact same situation as you (AP psych 2006). I don't think they will hold up your application - once you are accepted they will ask for you to send it I think.

Oh, ok. I just didn't want it to be like, "Your application is not complete (and we can't review it until it's complete) until we get those official AP test scores." That would be a nightmare, since I'm busting my buns to get *everything* turned in as early as possible.