1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

AP Psychology & UCSF dilemma

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Berkguy, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Sunspear

Sunspear SDN Bronze Donor
    Bronze Donor Classifieds Approved 7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    For the UCSF Psychology pre-req, I'm going ahead and using my AP score to satisfy it. However, the UCSF admissions website requests an official AP score report. Since I took the AP Psychology test in 2006, I'm having to go through the "Archives", which takes 7-10 business days to process, and... ugh; I just don't want my application to be held up because of this "Archived AP" process.

Has anyone else, or will anyone else, undergo this process? Or is there a faster way? I'm wondering if I should call UCSF and ask them if showing my Berkeley transcript (with AP tests noted on the transcript showing credits given) will suffice instead.

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. evanyou

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    From what I understood, the pre-reqs need to be done before the matriculation. I don't think they will hold up your application because of that, but they will still need the score at some point.

4. Pat Kelly

Pat Kelly New Member
    10+ Year Member

I am in the exact same situation as you (AP psych 2006). I don't think they will hold up your application - once you are accepted they will ask for you to send it I think.

5. Sunspear

Sunspear SDN Bronze Donor
    Bronze Donor Classifieds Approved 7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Oh, ok. I just didn't want it to be like, "Your application is not complete (and we can't review it until it's complete) until we get those official AP test scores." That would be a nightmare, since I'm busting my buns to get *everything* turned in as early as possible.