1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

AP teachers help for MCAT??

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by MSc44, Jul 25, 2006.

1. does anyone think it would be wist to have someone who is not familiar with the MCAT, but is an AP physics or chemistry teacher go over material with you for the PS section

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Pinkertinkle

Pinkertinkle 2003 Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    No, AP is high school level sorry excuse for college credits. I would not trust some high school teacher.

4. well, its not just someone, its a friend of mine
    and it would be to refresh me of the basics. he must have a better understanding of physics then me, agreed????

5. WilliamsF1

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Just look at a review book. Everything will be there and clear. You can do it on your own time, too, like at 4AM if you feel like it.

6. EBI831

EBI831 legend in the making
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    yup , i think it's a fabulous idea. physics hasn't changed that much in the last 4 or so years and more importantly what the mcat expects you to know is derived from the exact same physics that you did in AP. so why not get extra help for the areas you don't understand. it's the exact same thing as reading a review book or looking back at a textbook or sitting through a prep course to go over the review material. i would just recommend that you read a review book too just for the format familiarity and also do passages on your own as, though i'm not familiar with AP physics, i suspect AP physics isn't all that passage based. good luck.

7. Everything you said i agree with, i plan on getting the help then putting in my own tiime to do the MCAT problems

thanks very much
    i need to hear some + oppinions these days :thumbup:

and i dont think MCAT will expect any more the what is covered in AP since it is really a 1st year college course

actually i [plan on giving my friend the EK books i have so he knows what to stress when helping me out