APA Convention in San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abfab

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who's going? Seems like this is a big deal. A prog coordinator told me 22000 people show up from all over (US and the rest of the mundo).

Are there any particular things and activities I should look out for?

Members don't see this ad.

I had plans to go, but then decided to head to the Riveria Maya for a week instead.

I'm holding out for Hawaii in a couple years.

Just go to conferences and talks that interest you. It's sort of like a comic book convention. Lots to do and see. Lots of books for sale. And you can stock up on pens, prescription pad holders, business card holders, and more for 5 years in one shot if you visit the pharm sponsored area - which I know of course is evil and the psychiatric version of Mordor at this point.

Do not let the engraved laser pointer corrupt you, Frodo!

Was going to go.

Then I was told by the idiots at Prometric that because of the stupid bomb scare when I was taking Step III that now I got to take it over again!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had plans to go, but then decided to head to the Riveria Maya for a week instead.

:clap: One of my favorite places!!! Have a couple shots of Mexican Water and eat some juicy carne asada for me!

Is this free for students? I saw that it was in 2006 on the APA website, but it doesn't give you info for the 2007 meeting. How does one register for free if anyone has already done so? I live in L.A. so was thinking of driving down. What might I expect?

I went to the NY one when they came here, since I already live here.

It's free I believe.

As a student, you're allowed to access most of the non high-tier and unpaid conferences, which are definately enough to keep you more than busy for as long as you like. The website has a .pdf of the schedule. Simply find what lectures you'd like to attend, and go. Many of the lectures at night are at hotels that provide dinner and sometimes drinks. They're sponsored by drug companies in these cases.

Be sure to visit psychiatric Mordor. It's fun and you score lots of free stuff.